i need some adivise on where the best spot would be for a intercooler relocation, i have heard that it is sometimes better to have an average sized intercooler be placed in the corner of a bumper, rather than putting it right infront of the rad, my question is, which do you guys think would be a better location?

I think the difference between these locations would be very miniscule. I'd go with a bigger front mount anyday than trying to hack one into a side-front location. There's a bit of space between my intercooler and radiator, so heat soak from the cooling system is very minimal if it exists at all.

i need some adivise on where the best spot would be for a intercooler relocation, i have heard that it is sometimes better to have an average sized intercooler be placed in the corner of a bumper, rather than putting it right infront of the rad, my question is, which do you guys think would be a better location?

i agree with trevor. trying to do some side mounted intercooler is going to me more hassle and not benifit you that much.

peugeot sport used big FMIC's on their 240ch production race cars. its almost identical to the volvo 740 intercoolers! :D:) :)

this was the official peugeot FMIC for the 505 turbo from what i understand:

fmic_w_240ch_lines_sm.jpg

i agree with trevor. trying to do some side mounted intercooler is going to me more hassle and not benifit you that much.

peugeot sport used big FMIC's on their 240ch production race cars. its almost identical to the volvo 740 intercoolers! ;):(:)

this was the official peugeot FMIC for the 505 turbo from what i understand:

fmic_w_240ch_lines_sm.jpg

That is not only identical, that is volvo IC. So that is not Peugeot IC eaven it has been used.

V-M

This is how I'm planning to do it. The ic fits in nicely just behind the front grill & the bumper, the airflow is maximized, and I don't see any heat soaking issue if I'm not planning to run motor when parked for several minutes.

This is how I'm planning to do it. The ic fits in nicely just behind the front grill & the bumper, the airflow is maximized, and I don't see any heat soaking issue if I'm not planning to run motor when parked for several minutes.

very nice! its too bad the 505 doesn't have a taller grill, it'd be cool to get some more air flow across a larger intercooler like that.. damn bumper! ;)

Yeah, I have been thinking about making a glass fiber "copy" of the original bumper, and cut it a little, so I could get more airflow. However, I don't possess the skills or equipment to do it. Maybe if I find some guy who's willing to do it at affordable price.