1986 505 STI - a/c Can't find the High pressure port

Hello. I just learned how to do a/c recharge on my other vehicle and want to redo my 505. However I cannot find the "High" port. This car was converted to R134a some time ago and now the a/c is not working well.

I want to start from scratch because I suspect that the shop that converted it did not do a proper flush before conversion.

But. I cannot find the high port.

It's not in my Haynes manual and I have traced the system multiple times and still cannot find it.

Does anyone know about 505 a/c systems that can give me clue where to find the high pressure port ?

If you have the XN6 (2.0 liter non-turbo 4 cylinder gas engine), the high side port is normally in one of two places. It will either be attached to the Receiver Drier or will be next to the Expansion Valve near the firewall.

On pre-'85 XN6 cars, they were always the latter--at the Expansion Valve near the firewall. Starting some time in 1985, Peugeot started installing a high pressure switch that screwed into the port, thus eliminating a dedicated port. Such cars may nor may not have a dedicated port at the Receiver Drier, in which case, you'd need to unscrew the pressure switch and connect the high side manifold gauge there.