Pike's Peak 2013! 505Turbo.com official car meet...

• 4 weeks later...

The 89' is up on stands at my buddy's garage, and I took Tuesday and Wednesday to ensure its ready.

Swapping in a good rear axle, changing fluids, and general prep of the car for the trip.

My two friends that made the trip in 04 are coming with me, so already its become a cool reunion trip.

Definite plans to find Peugeot Sport's facility, but also visiting Mac2Racing's RS200, as well as some other buddies I stayed in touch with.

Best of all will hopefully be meeting up with Marc and possibly Bryan.

Plan is to spectate the race from the start line, and maybe just hiking in a little ways.

Rabin

Hopefully if Marc gets there before us he'll have the low down on where Peugeot Sport is and we can camp out. I'm also hoping to do the road to the summit quite a lot with go-pro mounted. Between Marc and myself I'm hoping to compile enough content to do a Petrolicious style video of the adventure. It won't have nearly the quality or the sound tracks - but hopefully some cool content that we can upload.

So while I was hoping a few more owners could make it, if it's just Marc and myself it should still be one of the coolest meets ever since the other car in attendance will be the 208 T16! If all goes like I think it will - they can't not be impressed with two guys driving 1500+ miles in old Peugeot's just for a photo op and a tour of the car. :)

For my friends and I - we'll also be checking out the new RS200. It's still cool as hell, and I know we'll get a tour of the shop and likely a team dinner out of the deal if they're not wrenching. If they are wrenching - we'll likely help out where we can as well.

Rabin

If I had gotten my car back from it's engine swap a couple of weeks sooner, the thought crossed my mind to make the trip. It's only 1,800miles each way. No problem in a 505 turbo diesel with those comfy seats. But I really needed to work the cobwebs out of it after it sat for 10 months, and there just wasn't enough time. If I left now, and took minimal sleep breaks, I could just about make it, but I'm not sure I'd have a wife to come home to if I sprung that on her right now. Besides I've only put about 30 miles on the car since since putting the engine in it and only our disease could possibly make me think about such a thing with so little run-time on the resurrected car. Maybe next year I can go see Sebastien try and break the record that I'm sure he's going to set this year.

Finally arrived at the Clarion Hotel in Colorado Springs!

We loaded up this morning at ~6:30 AM, and left Regina by 7AM or so. It was a pretty hot day today, and my AC doesn't work, but it was bearable with lots of fluids and the fresh air vents opened up.

Car has sat for the last couple months, and I basically prepped it and drove straight to Colorado Springs today after thrashing on it when I could the last two days. (Even took time off work to get it done.) Brakes felt a bit odd, but I chalked it up to rusty rotors from sitting, but the more I drove it the more it feels like the power assist isn't assisting as much as it should. The odd thing is that the pump cycles up and shuts off, and the ABS light goes out - but without the pressure gauge I'm not sure. Arun just went through this with his car though - so I have to bug him for the parts lists and order them up ASAP.

Trip was quite uneventful, except for getting pulled over in Wyoming! Pretty sure I was flagged as Saskatchewan got rid of the front plate and all the Wyoming cars had front plates. I was only clocked doing 72 in a 65 zone so I got off with a warning.

Road construction really slowed us down the whole trip, and the GPS leading us astray trying to find a BBQ restaurant made us loose another 30 minutes and we settled for a Taco John's.

Car ran better and better the longer we drove, and the brakes smoothed out, but the heat wasn't very pleasant. Once the sun set it was much better, but then we hit the quite heavy traffic through the metro Denver area, and a more construction. Arrived at 11:30PM, so 16.5 hours in the car today.

Tomorrow we're hoping to check out the Summit, the RS200 race car / race team, and hopefully meet up with Marc at some point during the day - ideally for the Summit run!

Rabin

Gotta love how a Peugeot can go from being dormant for months, to performing for 17 hours straight.

Saw some of the photos of FB, the car looks fantastic. You guys are probably already out and about today.

BTW the rs200 that's racing is pretty psychotic.

It was too bad that Loveland wrecked his kooky NSX the other day, that thing would have be awesome to see on the course.

Sina