Lower control arm bushings 86 on

I need some demensions and info, if anyone would kindly supply with them I wish you a thousand thanks. My GLX has some slop in the front end I thought possible tie rods but ended up being the lower control arm bushing not the radius bushing but the one on the control arm closest to the rack. I've been doin some research oline and there are still kits being sold for the 79-86 505 but I just need to know if that bushing has the same demensions as the 86 and on as my car is an 88. Would really appreciate the help. I already ordered the front radius arm bushings of rock auto but those are the only listings as far as lower control arm bushings.

Please and thank you

Horhayj505

You should have the one piece lower a-arm, and the 2pc strut - so that radius arm bushing you ordered is likely for the older design. The bushing at the engine cross member should be the same, but I'll try to confirm tomorrow on my spare arms.

Rabin

from the parts microfiche:

older design (i.e., my car) -- plate 35A01:

IMG_8054_zpsd45ff82d.jpg

the later style (i.e., later turbos & v6 models with ABS) -- plate 35B01:

IMG_8053_zps0d551a8a.jpg

if i understand the discussion correctly, the part in question (that i've circled in green in both diagrams) is the same part number, 3523.16. the parts list for plate 35A01 also gives the dimensions for this part: bushing, elastic: 14x30x44x33

andré

YEAH!!! :D right on!! Thanx guys I really appreciate it on the other hand I think I found a link that might help a lot of you 505 ers : ] here you go

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/Peugeot-505-1985.htm?filter=Front%20Control%20Arm%20Bushings

I'm buying my bushings from these guys also they are everywhere just google it. Than type in " peugeot 505 lower control arm bushings" and there are quite a few.

You guys kick some serious ass!! Thank you! : ]

Alright and here go the radius arm bushings for 87 and later models with the one piece lower control arm : ] hope this helps you guys

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=W82568

One piece lower control arm started in late 87' with turbo and V6 cars - so that listing is a bit off. Very curious to see if they'd work though - and if not in the ABS cars I could always use it in my 504 since it's running 86 505 turbo suspension.

Did some more searching and found that later style part number listed as 79 - 86 505 bushings on e-bay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whiteline-Radius-Rod-Bushings-Chassis-Peugeot-505-1979-1986-W82568-/140858144925?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20cbccb89d

I wonder now if the old style housing could be used with the later style arm with the old bushings... Or if you could machine a sleeve to make up whatever difference there was.

Rabin

Sorry I was looking at the other listing lol but yes those are the same ones I posted the link of : ] 87 and on

• 4 months later...

I never updated you guys I bought those bushings off eBay they pressed right in now more play in my front suspension made a BIG difference : ] now if I could only get my hands on a rag joint for the steering shaft at the rack and pinion

great, thanks for the update horhay!

by the way, we are starting to plan another get-together for west coast 505 owners (we had one last year), maybe some time this summer or possibly during car week in monterey. i need to come up with a mailing list of people who might be interested in coming...

andré

Awesome! Thanks very much for the update Horhay. I'll be ordering mine right away as I'll be refurbishing my whole front suspension after paint when I do the wheel and brake upgrades this winter.

Likely ordering 3-4 sets actually...

BTW - any chance you can post pics?

Rabin