Hello

EvanB

I figured I should do an intro thread since I am new here. I just bought a 405 Mi16, my first Peugeot.

I currently daily drive a Miata which is also my rallycross car. Turbo engine from a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata, Mazdaspeed Miata springs and Bilstein shocks, Rx7 clutch-type LSD in a Miata housing, running on Megasquirt 1.

425918_10151298171027214_2005046998_n.jpg

img_4816.jpg

LOVE the Miata as rallycar idea! Modifications sound really nicely done as well as you went with the stock boosted engine rather than boosting the NA which seems so popular. I've always wondered why more people hadn't done rallycross Miata's since they do so well in slaloms and other forms of racing - but RWD and dirt is simply the most fun for me.

Pavement events are OK, but rally-x and stage rally is what I really enjoy.

Keep us posted on when you finally pick up the Mi-16 - I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it. I also forgot a must see link for you as well: http://punishergp.com/

It's funny that they got the first car to run the event, then one of the guys (Paul I think) liked it so much he found a nice one for his DD. Even the guys on Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey's have a healthy respect for their 505 Turbo with a couple of them mentioning they wouldn't mind finding thier own cars as well.

Rabin

I definitely prefer RWD and love racing the Miata on the dirt. I will probably rallycross the 405 a few times but mainly stick to the Miata. This year at the SCCA Rallycross nationals I got 4th in the MR class and my codriver came in second. I am not a huge fan of FWD but I figured I could give it a chance, especially for the price.

I pick it up on Saturday so I will definitely report back with some first impressions after that. I'm just excited to finally own a Peugeot. I have wanted one for a few years now. I have had around 21 cars since I started driving (I'm 24 now) and one of my dream cars is a Citroen DS, this will have to satisfy the French car lust for now.

Awesome build Evan! I read it through and it's very impressive. Particularly impressed with the GRM forum too I might add - it was really cool to see all the advice and help offered.

I'd check it out the odd time, but never read a build thread through like I did yours - might have to add it to my site list that I like to frequent now. :)

Rabin

PS - Nice Moto Guzzi... Details on that would be appreciated too. Lovely bikes.

Thanks!

The GRM forum is a great place for help on pretty much everything, lots of knowlegeable people there.

The Moto Guzzi was a 2000 V11 Sport. Unfortunately I sold it about a month ago. With looking for a new job and relocating it was time to move on. Wonderful bike though and I will definitely own another at some point.

• 4 years later...