intercooler kits?

WilsonRylan

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/

http://www.vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1022

If you don't have a lot of cash then you should join http://www.homemadeturbo.com/ and start reading. If done well you could use pick-a-part yards and some work to build a decent setup, but crank the boost like it's a ghetto boosted Honda and it won't last long at all - pistons have little to no tolerance for detonation.

Rabin

I think stock boost is 7 psi for the 85', 9 psi for the intercooled ones, and the N9TEA versions with electronic boost control are 12 psi.

Get a boost gauge to see where your car is at and you can likely adjust the wastegate acutator rod to bring it back to spec. You can probably get away with 7-9 psi non-intercooled, and up to 12 intercooled with a boost controller. Anything more and you need so start upgrading the FPR and the injectors at least.

Rabin

BTW - these turbo's have a Peugeot specific exhaust flange / turbo housing so upgrading the turbo is limited to doing a T3/T4 turbo using the stock exhaust housing to avoid having to make a new manifold / modifications.

Rabin

Thanks alot man, youve been alot of help, ill hunt down a boost gauge(when i do ill prob end up asking you where to hook it into) what does the wastegate look like on these engines and where are they located at, i ask cause i assume you know of all the links with pictures and tech know how, ive been trying to fix the little things, like the heated seats dont work- there not geting power. fixing the cruise control, cleaning everything, putting in new stereo, fixing power antenna, just little things that went wrong that no one before me cared to fix. While im at it do you know what the button is next to the window switches it has two arrows facing opposite eachother with an X going through it? again thanks for all the help

The Homeade Turbo forum, wikipedia, and google will be your best bets for coming up to speed on how turbo's work. I can help clarify things if you have any questions, but spoon feeding you links won't be good for you. Ask questions and do research and figure stuff out yourself and it'll mean more to you and be a much better learning experience.

You just need to pick things and start googling to see what things are and how they work.

BTW: Engine is 2155cc, and the STI model seems to get applied for all sorts of cars. I've seen STI on XN6 and Turbo cars - usually equates to the fully loaded version of what ever car - although my sister's XN6 STI had cloth seats.

Turbo's were usually the top of the line model range and came fully loaded. The exception being the 505 GL-turbo which was the stripper SCCA racing version.

Rabin