505 tailgate lock mechanism

Hi guys,

Rob Courter was kind enough to pull out a spare tailgate lock assembly he had in one of his spare doors - but the pics he sent are exactly what I already have:

100_0745.jpg

100_0744.jpg

And what I have in my car:

DSC_0057.jpg

Reajustado_DSC00066.jpg

I thought there was a missing piece that allowed the rotating plate on the lock assembly to engage that "F" shaped piece, but I'm not sure now since Rob's tailgate didn't have anything either.

Can anyone confirm that the plate pictured on the lock actuates the "F" shaped arm on the lock mechanism?

If so - how the heck do you adjust it to work! lol There simply isn't enough adjustment room to make it work - as is (or so I think), but I'm thoroughly stumped on how to fix it.

Car as purchased had a string that the previous owner could pull that was tied to the wire going to the latch - I figured I could easily fix it - but no such luck yet.

Rabin

Awesome - that does help as it shows the whole assembly which is the confirmation I needed.

The lock pictured is from a tailgate without the power lock, and the plate you show is the plate that the power lock actuator moves independently so that if the lock button is locked - it's plate rotates away from the "F" arm on the actuator and it won't open.

The lock solenoid uses a little arm to that plate you circled and it can rotate it independently of the other plate and get moved in place to actuate the "F" arm when you push the button.

According to the picture it shows a spring and a circlip that I don't have, but not sure they're needed. It has to be an adjustment or fit issue that I need to figure out.

Thanks very much Andre!

Rabin