Interior Interchangability

So the c-pillar covers on my 82 (I have seen them referenced as the sail panels or covers) are badly deteriorated from long exposure to the sun. They are to the point that they fell apart and no longer help support the headliner, so it sometimes falls down in the back.

I have found someone parting an 86 that has good condition ones. He let me know that Peugeot changed the interiors in the 86 on 505s. Does anyone know if I can still use his sail covers? Or do I need to find a pre-86 one to grab parts from?

Also my left black vent on the outside of the c-pillar is broken and he has this as well, would his 86 one fit on my 82?

my guess is that rabin is correct -- the parts manual lists three different series of this part (official name - rear quarter panel lining), but i'm pretty sure the main difference is the colors -- different colors were available in each series. i think the mounting points are the same...

the ventilation grill (the black thing) is the same part for all years, as is the ventilation grill sleeve (the rubber thing underneath it. after you remove the rear quarter panel lining, underneath there are three bolts that hold the vent & sleeve in place...the top one is underneath the little flap of headliner there. when you put the new vent grill in place, make sure it's well seated or you'll get a leak there!

my rear quarter panel linings were also fried, all of the little ribs on the vents had dried up and fallen off. so i got replacements from a guy who was paring out his car....i haven't put the new pieces on b/c i'm still dynamatting my interior. my headliner is still fine, though -- it's actually held up by the door window seal trim and the rear window interior gasket...

IMG_7777.jpg

here's a pic so you can see what i'm talking about...

andré