1975 504 petrol/automatic

andrethx

here's the story with this car -- one of my wife's coworkers is married to a guy who's a real gearhead. i've never met the coworker or the husband -- his name is esteban. esteban is selling off his current collection cars to get an 80's ferrari, and of interest to us is his 504. here's the initial email i was forwarded with a brief description:

It is a 1975 Peugeot 504 (gasoline, not diesel engine with an automatic transmission) rescued after 15 years of storage (these are referred to as barn finds). No smog necessary in California. It has about 105K miles and a recently rebuilt cylinder head. Not show quality by any means but a fun car for around town (even though we drove it to Laguna Seca twice already without any issues). I can take some pictures this weekend and send them over if he is interested.

he being me, of course. i'm not in the market right now for another car but i told esteban that i'd post it to this group (with a link posted on peugeot-l as well) since he doesn't participate in any of the online communities. the pictures appear below.

i called esteban to chat about the car...he got it a few years ago and has been sorting it out since then; all of the serious issues have been taken care of. it apparently runs well. i actually saw this car at the french and italian car show last november, it's included in my pictures from that event.

currently, the car is at his in-laws house in san diego, but esteban told me he could bring it up to the los angeles area for inspection if there is interest. he's looking to get US$5k OBO. if you are interested or have any questions, pm me and i'll send you esteban's contact info.

andré

DSC06746.jpg

DSC06747.jpg

DSC06748.jpg

DSC06749.jpg

DSC06750.jpg

DSC06751.jpg

DSC06752.jpg

DSC06753.jpg

DSC06754.jpg

DSC06755.jpg

DSC06757.jpg

DSC06756.jpg

DSC06758.jpg

DSC06759.jpg

DSC06762.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

Beautiful... I envy any of you that can purchase rust free cars like that. (Appears rust free in the pics for the most part)

This one is an odd combination of parts - it looks like it has older front seats, steering wheel,and motor (71?) - but the newer 75+ bumpers. Car looks to be resprayed as well so curious on the quality. Not a lot of reflection - but likely just needs to be colour sanded and polished.

I keep telling myself my rust repairs on my 504 will be a good opportunity to learn how to do sheet metal work... At least when I'm done mine I'll know for certain it has no rust ANYWHERE.

Rabin

This one is an odd combination of parts - it looks like it has older front seats, steering wheel,and motor (71?) - but the newer 75+ bumpers.

IIRC esteban said that the front seats were trashed so he got something that was in the ballpark so the car would be pleasant to drive. he was concentrating on the mechanical stuff, the ultimate purchaser will still have a bit of work to do to get it to being a "10" though...

Car looks to be resprayed as well so curious on the quality. Not a lot of reflection - but likely just needs to be colour sanded and polished.

i believe that esteban said that the car was resprayed in the original color...you can see the color code in one of the later pictures, it's 1321 (gris clair/clear gray). you're right, though, it looks as if it could do with a wet sanding...

esteban's main goal was to sell the car to someone who would know what it was & would appreciate it, that's why he asked me to list it here. i don't think he plans to list it on ebay or CL at this point...

andré

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...