Disaster

Ok what shall i do... i got a 505 Turbo Injection -85 with a cracked head and a loose valve seat, it have been repaired before probably by a person with not all paddles in the canoe because the valve seat got loose. I cant find a new head anywhere and a capable guy that can fix the head says he cant give any guarantee that it will work over time when it have been repaired before and that went wrong. Shall i scrap the whole car or just leave it standing untill i find a better head (when pigs fly probably...)?

Hopefully one of our Scandinavian friends can suggest a possible solution for you! Getting one from overseas likely isn't an option, but I would suggest sending V-M a private message to see if he may know of either a good head, or someone that can do the repairs properly.

It'd be a shame to scrape the whole car - the early euro 505 turbo's are beautiful!

Rabin

Hi,

Yeah I'm here :D I did answer in private also but I do it here also in case there is others in "North" area. I have 8 heads in "stock" Not all fixed but I have good connection to realy experienced welder (he has welded and fixed over 10000pcs alumium heads) I have also 2 pcs of dani heads for sell with all included (dani cam etc...) those are ready to install packages.

V-M

Oh answer here too;-) Strange, been looking for a better head for months and just when i was thinking of diching the 505 i found several(i got in touch with a german guy that might got one too) so i guess its down to a price issiue but we can take that in PM. Just thinking is it possible that you might be intrested in my "old" beaten up head, for spareparts or maybe for a later repair?

Ok what shall i do... i got a 505 Turbo Injection -85 with a cracked head and a loose valve seat, it have been repaired before probably by a person with not all paddles in the canoe because the valve seat got loose. I cant find a new head anywhere and a capable guy that can fix the head says he cant give any guarantee that it will work over time when it have been repaired before and that went wrong. Shall i scrap the whole car or just leave it standing untill i find a better head (when pigs fly probably...)?

I have a good head with valves. Need the money so i will sell it. Need 500.usd good shape.. have two. if someones needs them plus.like new good water pump 250.usd Thanks Frank sixfivezero 9210426 call me

• 2 months later...

If I ever get to my engine built I want to get the head cryo-treated. Any heat treatment should work to relieve any built in stresses that have acquired if it's been used at all.

If you're close to a facility that can cryo-treat or do any other style of stress relief treatment for the casting - I'd say it was worth a shot.

Good luck with reassembly and make sure to post back once you got it all back together. :)

Rabin

• 5 months later...