1987 505 Turbo for sale (California)

Peugeottogo

87' had like 140hp while the 88' had closer to 180, correct?

N9TE has 160hp (some year did have 180hp)

N9TEA has 180hp

In my knowledge there is no bigger turbo? Some did have different extruder but size is same?

-88 did have speed controlled steering (maybe also in -87), same basic boost setting but elect. valve wich rices boost for short time if temperature, knocking etc... things are correct. Thorsen diff.

V-M

is the US, 87 up all had veri-steer (power steering assist which decreases with speed as V-M said).

turbo's were different here.

N9T = oil cooled .48 a/r 2 piece exhaust turbine housing

N9TE = oil + water cooled .36 a/r once piece exhaust turbine housing

N9TEA = same as N9TE, but .48 a/r

the manual called for different boost as well here (not sure about EU cars). N9TEA was 11.5psi base boost, N9TE was around 9psi if i remember right.

injectors were supposed to be different as well, but i think the N9TEA had the N9TE injectors due to US emissions.

(torsen diff was just in the turbo and v6 89 sedan's here)

I would say that that one is the ultimate example- Vallelunga Red with a 5-speed. Oh my, that is exactly what I was looking for when I was shopping. '89's are nice too, but sorta too rare to think about finding ones that are for sale and not a basket case.

Personally, I prefer the cloth seats over the leather. In particular, the stripes on the seat and the door panels. I used to prefer leather, and it is nice, too. The cloth seems to wear better, except for the burn hole susceptibility. I think the cloth is way more comfortable, and looks better because its darker.

It's a dang good thing so many people are scared of these cars, I guess. In this case, it is not who you know, but what you know.

-Bill