Something to make u say "hum?"

pushgo

complete no-brainer. LSx v8.

the ls1tech.com forum has a section dedicated to conversions & hybrids -- i.e., putting LSx engines into cars that never had them. even if you never plan on doing something like this, it's a fun read and full of cool fabrications that people have done...

my problem (actually, our problem, phil :D ) is that we live in the golden state, california. sure, it's all fun and games when you're ogling the car show babes, but things start to suck when you are getting your modded car smog-tested. there's a whole convoluted process you have to go through to get a car smogged once it's had an engine swap.

here's something that occurred to me recently...diesel cars manufactured prior to 1998 do not have to be smogged tested. so what's to keep someone from doing an engine swap on a diesel 505? that is, taking a diesel 505 and putting a petrol v8 in it? sure, there would be a bit of extra hassle one would have to go through with the fuel system, but it'd be orders of magnitude easier than dealing with the whole DMV/CARB/BAR deal; as far as those guys would be concerned, it'd still be a diesel. i'm not saying that i would do this....i'm just sayin'.... :D

andré

yup, im with andre. ive dreamt up lots of swaps for 505s, but LSx motor is pretty much the ace card.

but for the sake of conversation..

s2000 drivetrain - high revving, with the right exhaust and itb's, they sound like a racecar (imo)

sr20det has been done by at least 2 505 owners

but a peugeot v8 from their racecar, detuned for the street...wouldnt that be neat heh

but then, besides all the work involved, why remove the xn6; old bastard just never quits.