some cars i saw at ukit's today

andrethx

brownie -- don't know if ukit is active on *any* forum -- i mentioned peugeot-l to him (he knew about it), and i told him about this forum (don't think he had heard of it)...i guess he might browse from time to time, but i've never seen a post from him anywhere. i will probably be going out there later this week or early next week, i will mention that you are a well-known dude in the peugeot owner community, and not a scammer... :)

koll -- but of course! i'd be embarrassed to say how much time i've spent researching obscure peugeot factoids...

as indicated on the illustration:

part 6: 7452.25 -- protection paper assembly, wing

part 7: 7452.18/19 -- gasket (left/right)

part 12: 7470.21 -- mudguard, assembly

not available at WH or anywhere else i can see. in my brief experience as a peugeot parts hunter/gatherer (i.e., a peugeot owner :D ), it's these US-only parts that are hardest to find. was there a similar part used on the euro models? i know the european 505s used a different bumper setup, maybe they have a gasket that can be adapted for use on a US model...

that illustration comes from a "crash list" that i got a while back off ebay, it shows the major parts of the car, their numbers & the time needed to replace (for body shops to create estimates, i guess). i have since obtained a printout of the microfiche parts catalog for the 505s, it looks like a phone book (1,000+ pages). i remember you mentioning once that you have the parts microfiches as well, i am looking at plate 74-B10. there is a little illustration next to the moulding that shows the profile view...maybe an off-the-shelf moulding with a similar profile could be adapted to fit? i'm just spitballing here....

andré

Koll, I think the next option would be to pursue any part source(s) in Argentina.

As you know, the late model (and 1990, beyond) 505's in Argentina had virtually identical body parts and bumpers as the rare 89' North American 505's.

oh and my bad Koll, I was using my ipone with dying battery on Hwy 5 so I quickly posted the e-mail publicly.

Though some of that work on the grey car is not my cup of tea, that's some cool stuff!

Haha, funny how I barely noticed that the grey car was either an 84 or 85, he's done so much to the exterior.

I wish I could stop by there soon, but unfortunately with the things that have come up, I'll have to wait.

Did you notice the E30 in front of the bright red sky jacked 505? It has ALPINA (holy grail) wheels.

Great Pics Andre, take more take more! :D

Guess who's E30 that is...My...

The Alpina wheels are the real thing. My E30 is at ukit's for rear bumper work. I got hit on the freeway by an off duty cop.

Hah wtf. Had no idea there were other Peugeot-E30/Bimmer enthusiasts here.

Super jelly of your wheels. My car is currently on BBS Basketweaves, but I also have a set of Euroweaves that need refinishing.

I'm almost done selling off my entire stash of E30 parts in the family garage before I leave for school in a few weeks.

Hopefully next summer, I'll be able to afford some nice new wheels for the E30!

You guy just wait until you see Javier's dark blue 505 STI. His 505 is like the gray one above, BUT 95% of his car is original parts. Some parts I picked up while I was in Thailand.

I think I saw it man! I Did Javier have a brother? I was talking with him in Spanish about his other cars, and I took a nice video of his Maroon STI, which is almost like mine!

I think we are talking about different Javier, or may be I am not spelling his name correctly. He should come by this weekend for his windshield. The factory windshield is bronze. what he has on now is bluish or greenish, and it is killing him inside. I will try to remember to take pictures of his perfect 505.

I found picture of his car. It was take back in 2005, when we had our Peugeot west coast meeting. Ukit's car is on the left. Javier (or Xavier) in the middle. My is on the right. I will get more pictures of Javier(Xavier)'s car. His car look ever better today.

copyofdscn2153.th.jpg

Edited by Chavin20