505/SR20DET

Hello everyone, it's been quite a looooong time since I've visited the forum.Since '08

Well here are some pics of what has been done since then.

Fiberglass/heat insulation to firewall & floor.

Painted dash,center console,glove box with RustOleum hammered finish aerosol paint.

Covered steering wheel in grey, digital speedo.

Since 15May'11 the car is in body shop for repairs & respray because of a hit run!!

Bloody bastard!!.... car was parked, no witnesses...

The drivers side (RHD) door, post and right rear door are being replaced.

Trying to decide what colour to spray 14" rims...maybe gunmetal with silver lip edge..??

Am staying with same blue colour as in pi

Hello everyone, it's been quite a looooong time since I've visited the forum.Since '08

Well here are some pics of what has been done since then.

Fiberglass/heat insulation to firewall & floor.

post-467-0-33253800-1306759155_thumb.jpg

Painted dash,center console,glove box with RustOleum hammered finish aerosol paint.

Covered steering wheel in grey, digital speedo.

post-467-0-41795900-1306759280_thumb.jpg

post-467-0-01983000-1306759343_thumb.jpg

post-467-0-49313000-1306759433_thumb.jpg

Since 15May'11 the car is in body shop for repairs & respray because of a hit run!!

Bloody bastard!!.... car was parked, no witnesses... :angry:

The drivers side (RHD) door, post and right rear door are being replaced.

Trying to decide what colour to spray 14" rims...maybe gunmetal with silver lip edge..?? :mellow:

Am staying with same blue colour as in pic.

post-467-0-88997300-1306759511_thumb.jpg

Looks nice, great color.

Your wheels, where did you get them? Love the Minilite look, I assume they must be rare items? 14's in the US are a hard tire size to come by in anything performance oriented these days.

whoa - dig the rims!!

and in your center dash console, that peugeot "button" - does it do anything? does it light up? I feel like I need one. badly. it looks awesome. I'll trade ya one of my regular boring buttons. i have a fog light button i dont use haha

also dig the new gauge within the stock cluster, i thought of that too, but i'd want to swap all of them, and i'd wanna keep the econoscope somehow heh

whoa - dig the rims!!

and in your center dash console, that peugeot "button" - does it do anything? does it light up? I feel like I need one. badly. it looks awesome. I'll trade ya one of my regular boring buttons. i have a fog light button i dont use haha

also dig the new gauge within the stock cluster, i thought of that too, but i'd want to swap all of them, and i'd wanna keep the econoscope somehow heh

also, interesting automatic shifter - from a newer pug retrofitted?

Looks nice, great color.

Your wheels, where did you get them? Love the Minilite look, I assume they must be rare items? 14's in the US are a hard tire size to come by in anything performance oriented these days.

Yeah I got these off an old 504 wagon that was slowly sinking into the Earth :)

They're 14x6.5 and has 8 spokes, not sure of the name, someone told me they're called "Shelby"

here's a link to some fine eg.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/peu1.htm

Looks nice, great color.

Yeah I got these off an old 504 wagon that was slowly sinking into the Earth :)

They're 14x6.5 and has 8 spokes, not sure of the name, someone told me they're called "Shelby

Trying to decide what colour to spray them.

here's a link to some fine eg.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/peu1.htm

Sorry to hear about the hit-and-run!

Dash came out great, though. Was your dash in good shape before, or did you have to repair cracks? If so, how did you do it?

Andre

The previous owner had it sprayed in a textured blue paint.

My advice is to get it done before cracking occurs.

whoa - dig the rims!!

also, interesting automatic shifter - from a newer pug retrofitted?

Was lucky to find rims off a junk 504 wagon.

The Peugeot button is for fuel pump. Previous owner had bypassed faulty ignition key switch,

convert to push button start & fuel pump switch.Was not so comfortable with idea anyone can start, drive off.

Had switch repaired and kept fuel pump switch.

I had the lion pic reduced & print (couple times get right) then cut piece of clear packaging plastic.

Remove whatever original fog/hazard and insert Lion & clear plastic.. voila! Lion Button! :) And yes it lights up, as it should...cool.. B)

Previous owner installed digi Nordskog speedo & water temp gauges which I mounted lower center console along with Blitz digital turbo timer boost gauge. SR20 got no speedo cable and water temp diff calibration.

I did all fascia panels myself with RustOleum textured aerosols. And detailed blue edges with Testors model paint..yeah I build models too.

I found you can get diff grades of texture if fumes spray object.Notice rough looking finish and tones on my instrument cluster.