Successfully joined the french forum...

Bean

Hey guys,

With the help of my lovely wife who speaks and reads French fairly well - I was able to join the French forum site: http://forum.aceboard.net/index.php?login=21253

I was hoping to gain access to see some pictures at least - and hopefully see if anyone spoke english - but no luck.

Apparently the good bits (Photos, videos) require a paid membership of some sort, and the rules of the site say that all posts have to be in French. You can not use your name, or give your address either.

I was kinda hoping to at least see some pictures or cool video's - but no such luck. I was also hoping to see if I could get more info on Heligon's race car - some engine build info, or even some performance stats would be great.

I'm curious how much an ex-production car would go for - a buddy can get good deals on containers shipments - so bringing a car over would be about $900 - $1000 CDN. That'd be so much cheaper and easier to by an ex-super touring 505... :D

Later...

Rabin

Hey guys,

With the help of my lovely wife who speaks and reads French fairly well - I was able to join the French forum site: http://forum.aceboard.net/index.php?login=21253

I was hoping to gain access to see some pictures at least - and hopefully see if anyone spoke english - but no luck.

Apparently the good bits (Photos, videos) require a paid membership of some sort, and the rules of the site say that all posts have to be in French. You can not use your name, or give your address either.

I was kinda hoping to at least see some pictures or cool video's - but no such luck. I was also hoping to see if I could get more info on Heligon's race car - some engine build info, or even some performance stats would be great.

I'm curious how much an ex-production car would go for - a buddy can get good deals on containers shipments - so bringing a car over would be about $900 - $1000 CDN. That'd be so much cheaper and easier to by an ex-super touring 505... :angry:

Later...

Rabin

I hope this will turn some good :D

At least bit better than my try in this forum Francuas. Okay okay maybe I was bit pissed off (but I have been there , working with them, and lived in french area in Brussels 1.5years)

V-M

The language barrier is the largest for me. I'm sure there's some great info on that forum though. I should really think about taking some french classes. :angry:

I did have 6 months intensive french teaching (in Belgium) but no luck... Too f... difficult. Flemish learning in same time was easy job :D I hope Toni will learn and be great translator and spokesman B)

V-M

• 1 month later...

I did have 6 months intensive french teaching (in Belgium) but no luck... Too f... difficult. Flemish learning in same time was easy job :D I hope Toni will learn and be great translator and spokesman :D

V-M

Amaai manneke, dus gij spreekt wel Vlaams?

I'm wondering if you understand this, because I'm from Holland I know a bit Flemish. Now a days I'm living in France, so French isn't too difficult for my either. But to speak Finnish is really another story. ;)

By the way, http://www.peugeotforum.nl is the dutch forum of all peugeots with a lot of pictures. Although it is dutch, you can visit every page as a guest. When you registered you can start an English topic. They will always try to help you and answer in English.

Amaai manneke, dus gij spreekt wel Vlaams?

I'm wondering if you understand this, because I'm from Holland I know a bit Flemish. Now a days I'm living in France, so French isn't too difficult for my either. But to speak Finnish is really another story. ;)

By the way, http://www.peugeotforum.nl is the dutch forum of all peugeots with a lot of pictures. Although it is dutch, you can visit every page as a guest. When you registered you can start an English topic. They will always try to help you and answer in English.

Hi,

Not so well any more :D, No speaking since -99 :D

My wife was living at the same time in Den Haag and I was there nearly every weekend.

That was good time, I did like people and visited those hobby market happenings around that area.

And did some discutions with Opel Manta hobbyists in NL. My wife speaks dutch better than me flemish B)

V-M

Hello everyone,

I also joined the french forum. They require personnel information (maybe to personnel) along with

pictures of you and your car. I will send them the required info and keep you posted.

I can't beleive how picky those guys are! You should tell them there a bunch of hairy, smelly, frogs. Most of us are Americans, we shouldn't have to abid with the rules and regulations. ( j.k. of course)

The reason is to keep fans of the 505 with with availability of parts, literature and technical advise.

To discourage others who are only interested in making a profit.

The sub-forum http://www.vandansik.nl/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50 is dedicated to the 505. Most topics contain pictures. http://www.vandansik.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2235 contains a lot picture of different versions off the 505. For the example the very rare cabriolet. Only 2 of them were built! Also racing models, Dangels, ambulances, a pickup, a Coupe and the Coupe Claparéde. The last one is very ugly I think.

i've tried to do some translating on the forum, but it seems like the use a lot of slang. does that sound accurate? (maybe my translator sucks :D)

Do you mean the dutch or the french forum, August?

Of course some, but not much slang on the dutch forum, I think. Anyway you should always be able to check the 505-pictures I mention above. They are the same in each language B)

Do you mean the dutch or the french forum, August?

Of course some, but not much slang on the dutch forum, I think. Anyway you should always be able to check the 505-pictures I mention above. They are the same in each language :D

sorry, i'm talking about the french forum. the pictures on the dutch forum are great no doubt! B)

• 3 weeks later...

I also registered on the french forum. To visit every page you have to be a member of the Peugeot 505-club in France. And yes, a lot of slang is used. In fact, often they write exactly the letters that you hear when you speak french. That does not look like the real words. For example the word 'quand'(=when) is often written as 'kan' or 'Qu'est-ce que c'est'(=What is that) is written as 'keske ce'. If you understand the spoken french language you can understand a lot, but an elektronic translator can't handle it. Even for me it is often hard to understand.

I registered there successfully and I'm able to access every section of the forum. Don't know if I accidentally joined the 505 club too. ;-) However, yesterday I got some message from the forum asking for some information (well, I already supplied a photo of my car, address, phone number etc). So, I can only hope I can keep my membership. There sure is a lot of interesting material (and conversations too, I can only imagine)...

BTW, I didn't start my French studies afterall (don't ask why ;-D)... Maybe some day in the future then.