Wanted: 89+ 505 sedan tail light plug

august

While I don't have extra's I can take a pic of the plug itself so you know the wiring order and the colours...

Hopefully you should then be able to figure which wire is which pin. When I wanted to do my 86' I was going to get a plug off another car with the same number wires, solder the male side to the pins direct, the female side to the car side of the harness. It should then be plug and play...

So has the interest to get the project car running peaked again? I sure hope you're able to get her functioning before you decide to leave the fold entirely... :lol:

Rabin

While I don't have extra's I can take a pic of the plug itself so you know the wiring order and the colours...

Hopefully you should then be able to figure which wire is which pin. When I wanted to do my 86' I was going to get a plug off another car with the same number wires, solder the male side to the pins direct, the female side to the car side of the harness. It should then be plug and play...

So has the interest to get the project car running peaked again? I sure hope you're able to get her functioning before you decide to leave the fold entirely... :(

Rabin

the project car is running, and currently being prepared for it's debut on the track this sunday. need to do some final a/f ratio adjustments (currently running 10.9-11.0:1 w/50/50 race gas & pump), and some other small stuff but other than that it's pretty much done.

as far as the pin-out discussion -- the pins in the tail light are fat and narrow, so jerry rigging something is going to be a bitch. however, if i can get the plug, i might take you up on your offer to report back with what wire does what.. :)

theres an 89 parts car at john's yard in newark.

rob can you elaborate? where is this yard? is it close to you?

yeah, thought you knew of him when you lived in the bay? John Srour

European Auto Wrecking 7324 Wells Avenue, Newark, CA 94560-3534(510) 795-8910‎

* Directions

* Search nearby

* more▼

Category: Auto Wrecker

Hours:Hours:

Mon 9am – 5pm

Tue 9am – 5pm

Wed 9am – 5pm

Thu 9am – 5pm

Fri 9am – 5pm