My ex.505 turbo has new look

V-M

nah i think your on top of it bean. ideally if we use a custom exhaust system, the tank placement isn't going to matter.

i'd be all over it, i want that other tank hella bad, and would gladly take V-M up on his offer if i wasn't so short on cash.

i think for a track car, getting the weight down low would have to be a good thing too..

That's kinda my thoughts as well.

Racing engineers would KILL to be able to lower the cg of the tank 40 cm to somewhere around the center of the wheels... :o

Only bad thing about this mod is moving the mass of the tank farther to the rear of the car - increasing the polar moment of inertia. (Best to keep the mass low and close to the center of the car.) I believe it was Gordon Murray who said you can tell a car is well engineered if the calipers "face" the inside when viewed from the side. (Sadly ours don't - they're both on the rear side of the wheel. Rear caliper should be on the "front" side...)

Hopefully if the costs are reasonable - then I'd be all over all the effort to install the euro tank. (Can't argue with a free tank! Thanks for the offer V-M!) Between the lower CG and the increased trunck size - it's something to pursue...

Rabin

There are now three new pics and two of them shows that separate outlet for wastegate. Very nice setup indeed.

Idea of it's same as my flange -> plogging wastegate air flow to mess with turbine air flow. After that it doesn't make any difference (see -> 3" pipe) there is enough space for those gases.

Flange

Flange 2

V-M