505 Turbo picture in the April issue of SportsCar magazine

For those of you who are SCCA members I though you'd like to know that there's a good picture of a SSB (Showroom Stock B ) 505 Turbo on page 30 (and a smaller version on the table of contents page) in their article on the history of Showroom Stock road racing. I'm not sure who's car it is, I know it's not Victor's because the stickers are in the wrong place and it is number 70 if that helps jog anyone's memory.

post-381-1270054826.jpg

The number 70 Peugeot was owned by Bob Postel, the founder of Racer Parts Wholesale. He lived in the Atlanta area and when my 86 finished it's racing career Bob bought all the spares. Man I wish I had all that stuff back!

:D

#80 is John Lechner from Ohio. Raced again him a bunch back in the day as well.

Of course, mine is the #20 below.

The white one with the IMSA T sticker and #0 on the hood had been for sale on race-cars.com for a long time sold about 3-4 months ago, but has not yet surfaced. Anyone know anything?

It'd be interesting to know where the others ended up.

The white one with the IMSA T sticker and #0 on the hood had been for sale on race-cars.com for a long time sold about 3-4 months ago, but has not yet surfaced. Anyone know anything?

Nick mentioned a fellow hill climber picked up that car - I sent the new owner an e-mail through his website to verify but never got a response. It's in one of Nick's posts - the guy had an insane Audi S4 race car.

Rabin

Nick mentioned a fellow hill climber picked up that car - I sent the new owner an e-mail through his website to verify but never got a response. It's in one of Nick's posts - the guy had an insane Audi S4 race car.

Rabin

thats good that its at home with a proper enthusiast. as i recall, that thing was a rare oddball mixture of different models...

yeah, i know there were like at least 30 505 SSB cars...some were even STI's (non turbos)

here are some,

bcohn1.jpg

^Don't know who that is..

Color0002.JPG

1173030880lf.jpg

1173030880la.jpg

^ All three are the same car, Rabin if you want I can try and get the new owners #

60953844_RefcV-M.jpg

^ That XN6 was turned into a rally car with my father's first business partner ( Nelson Shepard) also works for Vermont Sportscar now with Travis Pastrana... The car is in a barn somewhere around here now wait to get ressurected, and it's brown now...

62071455_JvVDj-M.jpg

^ don't know

61794397_GKDA7-M.jpg

^That the #45 we still have

61771762_c8fLk-M.jpg

^2 years before my dad

wow, nick that's amazing. i'd love some more pics & info.

really would like to know *a lot* more about the xn6 car.

My dad said besides lightening the car and some fueling tune and they tried grinding the cam, it wasn't really any gain or any benefit or mods were done to the car because it was show room stock. XN6 was fun but was the slowest in it's class...