rear power windows ???

pushgo

Hey guys...

Just wondering if any of you are having this problem. My rear windows roll down extremely SLOW. rolling them up is even slower. Both sides are the same. I have locked out the power to either windows as to avoid having them getting stuck. Is it the window motors that could be going wrong?

I'd take the door panels off and give the electric window motors a cleaning with electrical cleaner, then I'd clean and lube the window regulator joints, and maybe even use some graphite spray in the window channels.

Clean the electrical connections at the motor and I'd also try to clean and protect the grounding trees that those windows are using - I just have no idea where those would be!

I still have the door panels off my 89' - plan is to do this exact service to all the doors, along with removing, cleaning, and lubing all the lock assemblies.

Shoulda done this in the summer though - winter time is not fun for that kind of work!

Rabin

I'd take the door panels off and give the electric window motors a cleaning with electrical cleaner, then I'd clean and lube the window regulator joints, and maybe even use some graphite spray in the window channels.

Clean the electrical connections at the motor and I'd also try to clean and protect the grounding trees that those windows are using - I just have no idea where those would be!

I still have the door panels off my 89' - plan is to do this exact service to all the doors, along with removing, cleaning, and lubing all the lock assemblies.

Shoulda done this in the summer though - winter time is not fun for that kind of work!

Rabin

OOOH GOODIE! <_< the motors are so hard to get to...I am going to wait for the warmer temps to roll in...although its not as cold as you Bean, but for us cali boys its cold enough to not want to sit on the cold ground doing this kinda chore. Thanks for the info though MUCH appreciated!

I'd actually change the order a bit if you just wanted to make sure the windows are OK. Start with the easy stuff first - THEN dive into cleaning the electric motors as a last resort. I'd guess poor electrical connections for sure as the first place to start - at the motor itself - then the grounds.

My door lock motors are also loud as hell (I think all 505 door lock sound like that though), and one of them is lazy so I also wanted to do those as well. Maybe wrap them with some dynamat or something to help kill some of that damn noise.

Rabin