central locking system locked out

pushgo

Okay I need help here guys....I got locked out of my car this eve and had to unlock my passenger door to get into my car....How do I get the driver side to unlock so I can pull apart my door to replace the central lock motor...I am assuming that is what has gone out on my car as I cant unlock the doors...Any suggestions guys???

Thanks Phil

Why can't you just manually open the lock? It's tough - but you should be able to overpower the lock motor and open it manually.

Rabin

I cant unlock it with my key...its as though the lock mechanism is jammed. and then the motor will engage...I noticed the last 2 days that when I would lock the car pushing down on the door lock was hard, almost as though it was stuck...I was wondering if anyone has experienced this type of thing. I am guessing that my central lock motor on the driver side is going out

Phil, I've had this problem before. Mine was caused by the door lock actuator in my left rear passenger door.

Fixed mine by opening the interior door panel and lubing the mechanism with the lock assembly. A simple fix.

Check the action of each door lock when you lock the car again from the drivers door. (Keep a window down just in case) You may find that one of the other doors may not fully unlock visually with the rise or movement of the manual door locking knobs in which the master controller in the drivers door can not over come the resistance.

Jeff

Phil, I've had this problem before. Mine was caused by the door lock actuator in my left rear passenger door.

Fixed mine by opening the interior door panel and lubing the mechanism with the lock assembly. A simple fix.

Check the action of each door lock when you lock the car again from the drivers door. (Keep a window down just in case) You may find that one of the other doors may not fully unlock visually with the rise or movement of the manual door locking knobs in which the master controller in the drivers door can not over come the resistance.

Jeff

Jeff,

thanks I will try that...

How do I get the driver side to unlock so I can pull apart my door to replace the central lock motor...

Hi Phil,

I maybe missing something - but your original request was to open the driver door to fix the actuator. It doesn't matter if you can't unlock the driver door with the key lock if you can get into the car and manually pull up it's door lock pin.

Since you can get inside the car through the passenger door - you can manually pull up on the door lock pin on the driver door. Once up and unlocked the driver door should open. You can then pull the panel and fix / replace the actuator.

Am I missing something else? Seems way to obvious so I must be missing something in your request.

Rabin

Hi Phil,

I maybe missing something - but your original request was to open the driver door to fix the actuator. It doesn't matter if you can't unlock the driver door with the key lock if you can get into the car and manually pull up it's door lock pin.

Since you can get inside the car through the passenger door - you can manually pull up on the door lock pin on the driver door. Once up and unlocked the driver door should open. You can then pull the panel and fix / replace the actuator.

Am I missing something else? Seems way to obvious so I must be missing something in your request.

Rabin

I can pull up the other locks on any one of the doors...but I can't unlock the lock on the drivers door..its working now...but when I push down on the lock its hard and slugish when locking and then the rest of the doors follow...I pulled apart the door panel and pulled the motor off the door and cleaned the connectors and so far it seems to be working...so we'll see