Revolution racing wheels

august

I just got off the phone with Steve from Revolution competition wheels and was inquiring about the wheels shown on Jim Lill's 'future' 505 turbo page. (RFX 16x7 4x140)

RFXrace.jpg

He said the RFX wheels were discontinued, but was very informative, and was happy to help with finding some other wheels which would work. Definitley someone to try of it comes down to having custom wheels made.

http://www.revolutionwheels.net/

Steve: 847-255-2176

• 4 weeks later...

Did you find another source for after market wheels?

nope. i actually kinda stopped looking. there are quite a few places that can sell blanks, and have em drilled, but i'm not sure i want to go that route. the clearance in the front between the sidewall and strut housing is so slim, i'm not exactley sure what to do there.. plus, i know peugeot was very proud of the geometry of the 505 wheels / front suspension. If I do it, i'd like to do it right (which i know is going to be pretty pricey) :unsure:

I think the easiest, and possibly cheapest route is just to get the PLS rims from politecnic.

Those are pretty cool looking and having wider 16" wheels on a 505 would look/perform nicely. On my turbo-diesel 505 I upgraded to the early 80s 505 2.0L STI 15" wheels and painted them to match. I thought they turned out pretty nice, its about the only alternative I found to getting better wheels.

319350_50_full.jpg

I just checked out Yq397r's Car Domain site...

Damn that's a nice diesel 505! You did an awesome job on it's restoration - and I really like the paint scheme. Different, but still very classy and it suits the car's body style very well.

It's really nice to see that kind of detail and attention put into one of these old cars...

I've been mulling the idea of a two tone paint scheme myself - very similar, except with a dark navy over silver... Still thinking, but I'd shave the marker lights and the trim as well - car looks much leaner without it.

As for the wheels - hopefully I'll have an answer to the wheel issue this spring when I finish doing up the BMW wheel swap. It's looking promising - but I won't be happy till the car is rolling on the new wheels.

Off topic - with regards to your bike. I had an 82 Kawasaki 1100 Spectre that had a very similar look to your Yamaha. One of the nicest upgrades I did to it was to knock the triple clamp down 2 inches (shocks come up 2" in the front ) dropping the front down and decreasing steering rake - which makes the bike much more responsive. I also replaced the handle bars with superbike bars - they essentially went straight across which gave it a super mean muscle bike look that was really comfortable to ride. That bike got sold when I got married - now I have an 82' GPz 750 to restore...

Apparently I have an issue with 80's machines too!

Rabin