Mechanics in Los Angeles area?

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the site. I used to be a 505 owner back in the 80's and have been pining for one again as a 2nd car.

I can still remember how comfie those seats were! :)

Since I wouldn't be doing my own maintenance and haven't seen a Peugeot in the Los Angeles area in a very long time, I was wondering whether anyone knows of a Peugeot mechanic or at least a Peugeot-friendly one in town. I live in Burbank.

I have 2 great mechanics that I use, but they are all about Japanese cars. After having had 5 French cars as my daily drivers (crazy girl that I was) in the past, I know they all have their little quirks and would prefer someone who knows and loves these cars.

I'll be hanging around the site absorbing as much info as I can regarding car availability, parts and general cost. I'm in love with the SW8 and would like to find a V6 as 2nd car work horse/cruiser-but for now I need to do research to see whether or not I could handle a Peugeot as it appears to be even more exotic nowadays.

I hope I don't become disillusioned since my Peugeot was only about 5 yrs old and in pristine condition, but with 20+ years on the clock it will be especially hard to find a somewhat decent one...

Well, thank you in advance for keeping such a valuable site.

Diana

In my experience over the 18 years of my Peugeot ownership, aside from Dubarr down south (a quality shop), there are really only two good shops (read: knowledgeable, trustworthy and honest) any longer in the L.A. area for Peugeot:

European Auto Service

18520 Wyandotte St.

Reseda, CA 91335

818 343 72 84

Ask for Rene

Yutkit (mechanic's name) in El Monte

626 329 1830

I can't remember the address

Both of these shops have Certified Peugeot Mechanics from times long gone and good parts sources.

Stay away from Westside Peugeot in Santa Monica.

Thank you very much.

At least there are a few. Huntington Beach would be too far, but the other 2 would be fine. I'll print these out to keep in on file.

Diana

In my experience over the 18 years of my Peugeot ownership, aside from Dubarr down south (a quality shop), there are really only two good shops (read: knowledgeable, trustworthy and honest) any longer in the L.A. area for Peugeot:

European Auto Service

18520 Wyandotte St.

Reseda, CA 91335

818 343 72 84

Ask for Rene

626 329 1830

Both of these shops have Certified Peugeot Mechanics from times long gone and good parts sources.

Hi Diana - welcome to the forum!

Nice SW8

The link above is for a really nice wagon... Hopefully you find something you like, and a mechanic to take care of it.

If I lived in Cali my family car would be a 505 wagon for sure - but with our harsh winters up here - AWD is manditory now.

Good luck and keep us posted if you find a car.

Rabin

Thank you for the lead.

Yes, I did see that one. Right now I want to feel it out and gather as much info as I can to see what it will take to own one again. I have the time to do the research since I'm unemployed :)

it gives me something to focus on and look forward to...

Diana

Hi Diana - welcome to the forum!

Nice SW8

The link above is for a really nice wagon... Hopefully you find something you like, and a mechanic to take care of it.

If I lived in Cali my family car would be a 505 wagon for sure - but with our harsh winters up here - AWD is manditory now.

Good luck and keep us posted if you find a car.

Rabin

• 7 months later...

European Auto Service

18520 Wyandotte St.

Reseda, CA 91335

818 343 72 84

Ask for Rene

626 329 1830

I agree with you staying WestSide Peugeot in Santa Monica. The guy is an Asshole and treats you like he's doing YOU a favor! and his work is shitty! I get my car serviced by Jesse from ar Dubarr in huntington. Great guy and VERY honest!

Westside peugeot is a bunch of bullshit. When I was visiting my family in socal, my rad went bad.

I've done business with Jesse Dubarr, and can I say I would do it again.

Very nice person to deal with. And they have a lot of nice cars at their shop too! :D

Yes Jesse is a great mechanic Rob, and YES he does have some nice cars in his garage! He' is selling a MINT 85 gray STI btw i think it only has 80,000 original miles on it and the leather is PRISTINE! Its gorgeous! $2000.00 you should hit him up about it just outta curiousity~! :DB) heres a pic of it

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?ac...ost&id=1412