For sale 1985 Turbo 5 Speed

Cary

Ok So I want to sell off my 85 Turbo gas 5 speed. Car was bought brand new at Central motors in Albuquerque NM. A local BMW/Peugeot Mechanic got ahold of the car from the original owner cause it had a cracked head. He had a brand new head sitting aside and installed it on the car. He then drove it around until it started having an injector problem. He parked it and planned to fix it but then ended up sitting to long. That is when I got ahold of the car and was cleaning it up and trying to get it run when it dropped a valve guide.

The seats are shot that are in the car but was given a very nice complete interior Leather/heated for the car. Paint is not all that good, has some surface rust from the paint baking off. Only rust i found is a small spot on either wheel wheel in the rear. Everything is there. I even have a set of European one piece headlights that will go with the car.

I have a clean and clear title in hand.

I am asking 1500 obo. I really want to sell it so if you think you have a reasonable offer please tell me. I want the car gone!

If you have any question feel free to ask.

505-350-0483

Here is a link to all of the pictures I currently have.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/bus63kombi/Turbopug/

Turbopug1.jpg

Turbopug2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

it is a decent car, the body isnt in bad shape, like said it just need a little paint and some tlc. i wouldnt want to part it out just yet, its to nice of a car still

your 82 TD 5spd is the EXACT same thing i have, mine just sat in a field for almost 8 years though. as soon as i cut my spending just a little (put my beer money on hold for a while :) ), i will be wanting parts if your parting out any of your diesels

I have an 82 S Turbo Diesel 5 speed that has 59,000 original miles, that a monk over heated and screwed up the head. I have alot of parts. Just let me know.

Cheers

That's the problem with Peugeots, even people that are into them don't want to give much for them. This might piss a few off, but most Peugeot people I've known don't wrench their own cars and it's hard to find a mechanic to work on them, so any Pug that needs work is often difficult to move.

If you lived closer I'd bring my van over in a heartbeat and load it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 82 S Turbo Diesel 5 speed that has 59,000 original miles, that a monk over heated and screwed up the head. I have alot of parts. Just let me know.

Cheers

Cary, It's ironic that you have an 82 TD with 59,000 original miles and I just purchased my eleventh 505 that's an 82 TD with 59,000 original miles. Mine has been taken care of and garaged since day one.

An easy 9 out of 10.

May know someone that may be interested in your complete car.

Jeff

Hi Cary - Fede looks like he's from Argentina... :D So yeah - he's far enough away to not make it worth while.

Bad thing is how far away you are. You really might have better luck parting it out and getting scrap prices for the steel.

Peugeot owners are notoriously cheap, and there's still quite a few cheap runners around that can be had for little to no money.

Prices won't start escalating till the supply of cheap disposable ones are gone and only enthusiasts are left to maintain theirs.

I'm the exact opposite direction from Fede - WAY up North...

Hopefully you find someone local for it though. (Or engine swap it! Ford 302 5-sp maybe...)

Rabin

Rabin,

I am unfortunately in a position that I have to sell Everything I have! I have to sell my house/shop. So having 35 cars is no longer possible. If I wasn't in this position then I would just keep it and fix the engine in the car. But I have to get rid of everything.

Hell somebody make me an offer of what it is worth to you.

Cheers

-Cary

• 2 months later...

If you're gonna part it out please let me know, I dont think I'd have room for another car, much like everybody else, I've just turned down an 89 and the grey beast because of complaining neighbors. But I'd certainly but a lot of parts off it, everything it seems from the instrument cluster and steering wheel to the boot spoiler and gearbox I could do with.