Peugeot 505 Turbo Injection kit 200 PTS

august

"You'd need the bumpers and valences from a 1986 or newer non-US 505 sedan. Additionally you would need the parking lights, taillights, probably the rear license plate panel, and exhaust that exits on the right hand side. The front fenders would need to be modified by removing some sheetmetal that's normally hidden by the gigantic US bumpers. Or you could just use the corresponding non-US fenders.

FYI, the 1989 and later US spec bumpers/valences are not the same as these, but the front fenders allegedly are the same.

But I agree, I'd love for my 505 to have those parts... makes the car look really tidy."

Damn! Thats a little more than I wanted to get into. I do think those bumpers make the 505 look alot cleaner and refined though, o well no big deal. But if those bumpers were matched with the early double-barreled headlights and it would look sweet.

yq39r have you seen the euro style double barreled headlights? now THOSE are sweeeeet. The center light is smaller than the outside light and it retains more of that 'mean' look while still using the more interesting separate beams. check this out: (just the headlights, you can ignore the rest ;-) )

http://leverdie.club.fr/505_France/505_tur.../505_2_avd2.jpg

V-M: 118% injector pulse is an imaginary concept as you probably know. Maybe that number is interpreting something different than we assume? Maybe 118% of 'normal' enrichment? is the car running a wideband o2 sensor in the loop for enrichment feedback? There must be more to this. Any ideas?

That 118% was reading when accelleration was fully stopping in gear 2 (manual) when I was testing it in road. System tryies to run injectors more than they can. Now this problem is solved with bigger injectors -> 41lbs :o In that time there was no o2 sensor guidance. Now there is wb o2 connected. In max power reading is 70-78% injectors pulse.

V-M

I wish I had a schematic of the L-Jet ECU. I wonder if Bosch would ever give that up? I have a friend who is truly a genious with electronics, and he has pondered over ways to modify the L-Jet ECU. You can reprogram it just as you can with a digital ECU, the difference is that you have to tweak voltage references and current sources instead of data stored on an EEPROM. Sadly, analog circuit tweaking is a fading art.

With a simple resistor change you can alter the rev limiter. Or you can install a trim pot to make the rev limiter adjustable. The same simple mechanisms exist for WOT enrichment factor, etc. You could also alter how the ECU responds to AFM input, or change the overall injector pulse range. The possibilities are endless.

My friend built a new EGR ECU for my '82 505 TD, and it also shuts off the A/C for 3 seconds when you accelerate off idle, AND it drives a factory tachomoter in the dash. He designed and built this thing over a weekend. It all fits in a little box that I placed under the hood, and uses input from the existing EGR engine speed sensor.

He also has a design for a duty cycle stretcher that could be used to control boost on the N9TEA but retain the ability to reduce boost upon knocking. It uses the signal from the ignition ECU as a base, and features an adjustment that allows you to increase the duty cycle to the electrovalve, thereby increasing boost pressure. It can have multiple modes--for example it has an input from the 60C thermocontact which disables the electrovalve altogether until the engine warms up. It also has provisions for two (or perhaps more) boost settings. It is a non-feedback system so it requires no other parts.