Canadian Peugeots

norcal505

The RV was likely let in for a tourist with $$$. I believe people can ship over a vehicle for touring around Canada, but it has to go back with them.

As for the 206 - It's likely over with a French national working here. They can bring over their own car for up to a year if I recall correctly. Can't stay permanently - but can be here for there work term.

Anything over 15 years is CAKE to bring in though. Basic inspections needed only.

Rabin

Guest EUROTRASH

The RV was likely let in for a tourist with $$$. I believe people can ship over a vehicle for touring around Canada, but it has to go back with them.

As for the 206 - It's likely over with a French national working here. They can bring over their own car for up to a year if I recall correctly. Can't stay permanently - but can be here for there work term.

Anything over 15 years is CAKE to bring in though. Basic inspections needed only.

Rabin

So, could you ship over a Peugeot 607 for instance.. and just convert the exhaust system to comply?

Guest EUROTRASH

i agree with rabin, the citroen rv was apparently that of a tourist's who was traveling around north america,..and the 106 is registered.

by the way, just wanna point out other imports that are NEWER than 15 yrs..such as R32's, Figaros, Supras, Soarers, etc...

Well, those imports like the VW R32 were made for export and to comply in the first place. What I'd like to point out is, the R32 for example, is a much more capable car than the Peugeot 206... yet importing, modifying and maintaining a 206 would probably cost more than the R32. It's just reverse psychology, most Peugeot are very nice cars but I think we want them mostly because we can't have them. But that's just my own personal opinion.

Well, those imports like the VW R32 were made for export and to comply in the first place. What I'd like to point out is, the R32 for example, is a much more capable car than the Peugeot 206... yet importing, modifying and maintaining a 206 would probably cost more than the R32. It's just reverse psychology, most Peugeot are very nice cars but I think we want them mostly because we can't have them. But that's just my own personal opinion.

I think he means the Nissan Skyline R32. We've got tons of them around here.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1048851080.html

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1048077491.html

I need a large sedan for my family though, so I'm thinking something more like this Toyota Aristo ( like the Lexus GS, but with the Twin Turbo Supra motor hohoho

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1035020455.html

Guest EUROTRASH

I think he means the Nissan Skyline R32. We've got tons of them around here.

Then I was mistaken.

Still, the comparison stands. As much as I like Peugeots, there's no logic in importing a noncompliant Peugeot into the US. But, if you want something that no one else has and you have the money...

yeah, i meant nissan skyline.

actually, i should have say R34, as they are the newer ones~hence my point.

Also Fernando, I think you may have a point in A WAY...but not completely...as I do have quite a lot of faith in the brand which I drive.

But i do have to say, I'd rather own a E30 or E36 M3 anyday over a 206, or other late model Fwd Peugeot.

Theyre just not even comparable, IMO.

also 85-505, get that ARISTO!!

my ap u.s gov classmate has a GS430 that has a cosmetic Aristo conversion.

He has it lowered, tucked, and its rolling on works.

He's a pretty spolied kid, IMO.

Btw, he's on Vipstylecars forums..

I'm not a fan of RHD cars in LHD markets... LOVE the cars - but I'd only consider a RHD car if I could swap it to LHD.

Too many of the RHD cars get totalled off due to the blind spots with sitting on the right side, so there's a

LOT of pressure to change the import rule - and that will suck as I'd love to import something cool once the house is paid off.

Rabin