'89 505 V6......starter relay wiring update kit clarification

Toyz'n'Pugz

Hello all,

I finally picked up the 505 (noted in my introductory posts in the 505 forum) a few weeks ago and need to install this wiring update kit. I've posted on the Peugeot L list, but for some reason the replies I've made to the thread I started will not show up. I could wait until that's resolved, I suppose, but I'm dying of curiosity on this matter. Plus, gathering opinions from different sources has always proven well. :D

Here is where I am currently at on figuring this out>>>>>

I've been informed by the PO that the ignition is all brand new. This only leaves the relay issue to be resolved.

Also, Brian Holm of Peugeotholm informed me there's a 13pg TSB on this wiring update. Would anyone have a copy of that?

The more I look and think about this kit, the more I'm thinking this thing has to go inline/before the original starter relay (SR)as opposed to being a stand alone swap out.

Here are some pics supplied by the PO of the update kit. Sorry they are so large. They are links, but you can reduce your browser's screen display to view them better. I don't know what else to do for them:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?ac...post&id=948

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?ac...post&id=949

Obviously the grey connector/red wire coming from the new relay (NR)connector goes to the junction directly off the battery pos. side...the 12V feed.

One wire.....also coming from the NR connector (grey, IIRC, and small)is for ground, and the other is the green wire with a yellow connector on one end. The other end of the green wire has a female terminal too large to fit into the NR connector, but it's identical to the SR connector terminals (or ignition, as I believe the manual calls it). Soooo........I'm inclined to think that the green wire female term. Goes to the SR connector and the yellow connector goes to the solenoid. The ground......also with the SR style terminal... Must also go the SR.

I think this would resolve the key/ignition switch issue I've had trouble figuring for into the equation. It's already there within the SR assembly. Now I just need to know which pins on the SR are what......I think. Hehe.....

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer on this kit. I have looked around for detailed instructions, but either a link was no longer valid or the info didn't quite match for the kit.........that sort of thing. What I've determined and described here is from my having used some applied logic and basic electrical knowledge I already have from working on Toyotas. Therefore, I'm not sure if what I've gathered is even on the right path entirely.

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to view, anyway. But, the issue is resolved. Got my hands on the factory wiring diagram. Madhu is a gentleman. Props.

Also, I'll be making an adapter plate for the factory airbox to fit for a 505 turbo foam filter. Price difference in filters is daunting. When I have made the adapter this week........and installed the wiring kit...I'll post results if anyone might be interested. Pics to come, as well.

Sounds like you like to do good quality factory work. Nice to see that!

Welcome here.

Thank you kindly.

If it's within my abilities to do so, yes. Doing something right the first time doesn't mean you'll never have problems later, but it sure makes it easier to eliminate a cause. Plus, it's a good excuse to stand back and smoke my pipe with a hearty grin. :D

I only got as far as the kit installation..........and, new battery cable......today, and wasn't able to get pics. It was too cloudy for sufficient light. The flash just made everything glare. So, Friday the sun is supposed to come out. I'll have the adapter and pics by then. Gosh.......maybe the car will even get a bath by then....lol.

Shooting for the mud flaps install, too. We'll see.

Got the pics, just didn't have time get all uploaded and do the write up thing. Also, got the adapter made for the air filter, but not completely happy with how it turned out. Designed worked fine, but the materials need improvement. Sturdier ones. Mud flaps were missing some hardware. Must do some fabbing or something. No bath, either....haha.

Shooting for this week.......weather permitting.

• 3 months later...

photobucket.com

Hello folks. Been a while.

The pics haven't happened, yet. Been on the camera for eons now. So long they may have a life of their own....:lol:

BTW, the relay kit and air filter thing have been performing very well. No issues. Sorry the pics aren't up, yet, though. How flaky of me.