Mecapart Competition Head Gasket

august

not sure how alive the store is, but....

This is a stainless steel based gasket developed for the Peugeot 505GTi Turbo and Murena Roc engines. Suitable for the 2.2 whether modified or not. MATERIALS The main technics used in the making of cylinder head gaskets are: MEILLOR 4200 (production and group N engine) MEILLOR RACING RANGE: 1- aramid fibres and mineral coating linked by elastomer and hooked on each side of a punched zinc coated steel sheet. 2- getting the elasticity back by tapping on a steel matrix. 3- swaging: incompressible fireguard, special steel flatened under high pressure, molybdenum bisulphide treatment. strengthening: according to technical definition and engine use. 4- impregnation- varnishing - serigraphy, molybdenum bisulphide treatment on the whole surface of the gasket.

http://matra.php4hosting.com/store/product...86&cat=0&page=1

Again - nice find!

Hopefully they're still around - but that price makes it pretty hard to justify.

I'm still thinking of going the copper gasket route. I've heard good things and it's quite proven using the new adhesives available for sealing.

Another option is to o-ring the block and use neoprene rings to seal coolant, and steel rings to seal the combustion chambers.

This was done on that RS200evo that I worked on - Geoff (F1 engine builder) said it was pretty easy to machine - the hard part would be getting the suitable sizes of o-rings, but that was still not that difficult. (His words though...)

Rabin

• 9 months later...

here's a much more active link to purchase the 'competition' grade HG:

http://www.matramagic.co.uk/product.php?pr...=248&page=1

A word of warning here: I ordered a reinforced gasket via this link.

It took forever, numerous e-mails, phone calls and all sorts of agreements and still I didn't get anything :(

He did collect the money quite fast, though.

Kinda made me angry to say the least...

Matthew