oil measuring stick length?

Guest adegnes

Guest adegnes

Could someone measure the length of the oil measuring stick on the n9te (from where it enters the tube - to the tip, or just how much it sticks out of the tube, into the oil pan), I seem to have lost mine <_<

I need it fast, since it's kind of essential to get the oil level right...

Could someone measure the length of the oil measuring stick on the n9te (from where it enters the tube - to the tip, or just how much it sticks out of the tube, into the oil pan), I seem to have lost mine <_<

I need it fast, since it's kind of essential to get the oil level right...

62.8 cm from tip to stopper (tip of tube).

17mm from the tip is the "ADD" mark.

42mm from the tip is the "FULL" mark.

Just make sure you guys are using the same tube dimensions as well... Just so you're comparing apples to apples.

The early cars had a very short tube on the side of the block, newer ones of course were longer - but I have no idea if the American cars were the same as Euro cars...

Probably nothing to worry about - but something to consider.

Rabin

The early cars had a very short tube on the side of the block, newer ones of course were longer - but I have no idea if the American cars were the same as Euro cars...

This was only the cast on US 1985 N9T cars. The 1986 US N9TE and up had the bigger sticks. <_<

This was only the cast on US 1985 N9T cars. The 1986 US N9TE and up had the bigger sticks. <_<

In European Turbos 1983-1985 had a shorter (no tube outside the block) and 1986-> a longer stick (a tube coming up to the intake manifold level).