Wanted: 505 Sedan Electric Antenna

norcal505

So I'm looking for a electric 505 sedan antenna, w. motor. My cars' gone through a few of them in its' lifetime, and I need one now as I have a rear spoiler that will not clear the long metal one I currently have, that is non-moveable. I dont know if this matters (from the location of the antenna hole), but the car I'm dealing with is a 83 505 STI sedan, gas.

cheers,

rob

So I'm looking for a electric 505 sedan antenna, w. motor. My cars' gone through a few of them in its' lifetime, and I need one now as I have a rear spoiler that will not clear the long metal one I currently have, that is non-moveable. I dont know if this matters (from the location of the antenna hole), but the car I'm dealing with is a 83 505 STI sedan, gas.

cheers,

rob

Pic of installation area would be helpful. If I remember, the 89 cars had the world rarest antenna grommet. One on eBay sold for something like $80. Do you have the 89 spoiler and does it interfere with the normal antenna mounting position?

I thought you were going to move on to another (turbo) car? Why invest in an antenna refirb if that's the case?

For antennas, I recommend having therm rebuilt. Ther's some German guy in California that will do them. I think about $100 a pop. Ain't bad. New Toyota antennas are $150 and up.

Naw, I thought i'd just get this car okay and running, with the XN6, and see how long it'd last before something really bad would happen.

I had the front window replaced last week , and the guy who installed fixed up all the rust (major rust), sanded it really good, and bondo'd it all up, and put on some rust neutrializer.

its pretty much all the rust on the car, but there's some surface rust collecting around the rear windsheild edges-which I can get fixed quickly.

I definately am still looking for a nice red turbo sedan as well, still.

this car is just a decent d.d.

when I graduate from college, and have a good steady paying job , i'd probably ressurect the turbo project-that is saying I dont loose interest in the car.

I plan on keeping this car for a long long time to come.

I received a full tune up kit from miles potter a few weeks ago too, so i need to get some things taken care of-and it'll be good to go.

btw, the spoiler I'm talking about it a ducktail style-like yours. I just found a decent dark red trunk lid. with a spoiler already on. the shocks are in good shape too.

I have a spoiler right now, and I can get it painted, but It's a matter of drilling holes for the bolts, which looks hellishly hard to me.

I'll have to see what time will do.

Guest broke

The main problem with the antenna is the circuit board located in the casing. Water gets in via the shaft and fries the circuit. If you can replace the board you should be ok. The antenna are german made and i saw them on Mercedes.