exhaust help needed

Guest 505alive

Guest 505alive

I am looking for help locating exhaust donut that connects between flange in front of cat converter and pipe coming off manifold, anyone know where i could get one for my 87 stx 2.8 ? local foriegn parts store of course says ( discontinued listing for peugeot) and they use have access to alot of parts for my pug, future is not looking good for these cars is it? getting warm here in n.y. hope to have it on the road soon!!!!!

I am looking for help locating exhaust donut that connects between flange in front of cat converter and pipe coming off manifold, anyone know where i could get one for my 87 stx 2.8 ? local foriegn parts store of course says ( discontinued listing for peugeot) and they use have access to alot of parts for my pug, future is not looking good for these cars is it? getting warm here in n.y. hope to have it on the road soon!!!!!

Do you have the old trashed one available? If so, I bet any muffler shop could match it with something similar enough. 2.2 liter engines? There must be hundreds of applications. I'm sure one will fit.

You did try W-H, no? If I recall, they had some. What's the dimensions? I may have a NOS one as well.

Guest 505alive

I wish i had even a piece of the old gasket but burnt a fell out i guess, i figured muffler shop would be best will just have to measure diameter best i can, what was the other source? W-H? Al.

Take the car to the shop - they'll take one look at it and give you what you need. If you measure it up, and tell them what it's off of - your chances go down the drain!

Trust me - they just need to see it. Likely install it too for a very nominal charge which is WELL worth the money!

Rabin

Guest 505alive

I just heard back from W-H they told me that there is no gasket or donut reqiured it is a tapered joint flange w/clamps only. i guess i have to draw up the bolts more because there is a exhaust leak there for sure noise too.nothing like looking for something that never existed ,oh well now i know..