505 Coupe details?

V-M

Hello,

I have planned to build one of these and I have trying to have better pictures (not available in web) and no answer from ASC. ASC which have one in their exhibition room. I'll use for building one of my latest purchase for this project (Ari Vatanen's ex-promo car from -85).

Any one living close to their facility? If I remember right Mike Tibbet was visiting there and did see that one in Sochaux?

V-M

• 1 year later...

Deep silence? ;)

Let put some water in grind :D Anyone living around Nicolas Cage? :D Or former actor Dean Martin's house?

Some one? I don't know when I'll be visitting my friends in Hollywood area next time (last time was in 2003).

http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.php?arti...agename=article

TW: Are they ever nice when they take your car?

NC: It was a Peugeot 505 convertible and it was Dean Martin’s car, which is ironic because I now live in Dean Martin’s old house. But this was my first car. And they were so rough about it. There was no reason to impound it. I hadn’t done anything wrong with it and there were dents all over it.

I'll like to have confirmation at it was 505? Not 504 Coupe!

V-M

Deep silence? ;)

Let put some water in grind :D Anyone living around Nicolas Cage? :D Or former actor Dean Martin's house?

Some one? I don't know when I'll be visitting my friends in Hollywood area next time (last time was in 2003).

http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.php?arti...agename=article

I'll like to have confirmation at it was 505? Not 504 Coupe!

V-M

Sorry V-M - I never saw the first post - although I'm not anywhere near Hollywood... :D I think you're best option might be to try and contact the actor or his "organization" directly. They probably get fan mail - and although he isn't going to read it all personally - it might get enough attention from his staff that he does get it. If it really was his first car he's bound to have memories of it - and might even be interested in discussing it...

Does ASC have the car in there possession now? If so - someone close might be able to call down to get more info... Some of the guys should be fairly close - and a road trip to ASC might be interesting - I know if I wasnt 3 days drive away I'd go... :D

Rabin

Sorry V-M - I never saw the first post - although I'm not anywhere near Hollywood... :D I think you're best option might be to try and contact the actor or his "organization" directly. They probably get fan mail - and although he isn't going to read it all personally - it might get enough attention from his staff that he does get it. If it really was his first car he's bound to have memories of it - and might even be interested in discussing it...

Does ASC have the car in there possession now? If so - someone close might be able to call down to get more info... Some of the guys should be fairly close - and a road trip to ASC might be interesting - I know if I wasnt 3 days drive away I'd go... :D

Rabin

No Probs... (sorry about agitating) ;)

I'll try some of those... let's see.

ASC should have car, I have been trying to contact them during 4-5 year's but not clear answer.

There has been some sales from their "consept" cars and some ownership arrangement's etc...

I have thos earlier contact names some where in my mail... I'll dig those and return this issue...

best one it off cause to buy that one :D

V-M

i'm 10 minutes away from hollywood, and if you can find me a 505 coupe in the greater LA area i would be GLAD to take pictures, or do whatever you need. I'd personally love to see one, so yeah.

This was actually something Victor and I were talking about, he was saying that Bill Pavone has, or had one. I have no idea how we could get in touch with him though.

I have some pictures at home that I'll have to post later..

• 2 weeks later...

What happened was that when PMA announced the contingency program to race the Turbo's, Bill Pavone said "...and we'll give you one of the ASC convertable cars for parts". I didn't have facility to take one and I never saw one but from what I heard, from a guy named Tide Ebding (google that?), was it was a running chassis w/ no bolt on sheet metal. It must have been fairly complete however as I did get a pair of front seats from one (unusual in that they fold forward to allow access to the rear seat). He has done some vintage racing in the recent past, maybe he could be found and asked what happened to the car. Additionally, Dr. Gary Brown and Walt Bower, from Oklahoma City, got one too, as I recall.

2VT

Sweet! Talk about INSIDE info!!!

Sure is a pleasure having you on this forum - this kind of info is just gold to us Pug freaks... :P

Rabin

I would say BIG THANKS!

Interesting is at I didn't know at those was build more that one only? So that means at those has been done by ASC al least 5 pcs (cabbe)?

V-M