XN6 Engine wanted - Trade for a turbo?

Dennis Martin

We have an '86 505 Turbogas GL 5-speed sedan. Engine is complete with turbo, has warped head and bad headgasket - again. <_<

Also have a spare turbo head complete with intake, bought later. I don't know whether it's straight or not, but can have it checked quickly.

I'm looking for a decent running XN6 engine(non-turbo), complete, to swap it out.

Open to buy, trade, or whatever. Dennis Martin - Oswego, Kansas

Hi Dennis,

I'd gladly trade you - but I'm WAY too far away to be of any use... If I were you I'd look at just buying an XN6 car as it'd be cheaper and easier to do in the long run.

You might be able to find a buyer for the car as is - and then put that money towards an XN6 car...

I've thought about putting an XN6 into an 85 Turbo car - but using the L-Jet from the Turbo instead of the CIS - basically swap the N9T motor out with an XN6 but fit the injection and merge the spark - but it's only been an idea at this point... Has the potential for a decent runner - but I've never heard of anyone doing it.

Swapping the CIS stuff to the turbo car would be a PITA though - so it might be worth a look.

Good luck!

Rabin

Hi Dennis,

I'd gladly trade you - but I'm WAY too far away to be of any use... If I were you I'd look at just buying an XN6 car as it'd be cheaper and easier to do in the long run.

You might be able to find a buyer for the car as is - and then put that money towards an XN6 car...

I've thought about putting an XN6 into an 85 Turbo car - but using the L-Jet from the Turbo instead of the CIS - basically swap the N9T motor out with an XN6 but fit the injection and merge the spark - but it's only been an idea at this point... Has the potential for a decent runner - but I've never heard of anyone doing it.

Swapping the CIS stuff to the turbo car would be a PITA though - so it might be worth a look.

Good luck!

Rabin

You can ship engines via rail for a reasonable amount. My brother bought a rebuilt Mustang motor here in Texas a few years ago. I forget what it cost to ship, but I remember it was a small fraction of what UPS wanted. We just strapped it to a pallet and dropped it off at the train station in Ft. Worth. How is this Peugeot related? We put the engine in the trunk of my 505 to get it to the station!! <_< True story.