got the wrong spark plug wires again

85-505

I bought a set of plug wires off ebay and they finally got here.. Went to go put them on and .. they're all too short!

Now this is the 2nd pair of wires I've bought off ebay ( first ones I got must have been for a nonturbo, as they were too short also.. but that was only 5$!) ARRRGHHH

Here are the wires :

Ebay item

It says

Make Model Year Cyls Ltr CID Ignition Type

PEUGEOT 505 80-91 4 2.0 0 ELECTRONIC

PEUGEOT 505 TURBO 85-89 4 2.2 0 BOSCH ELECTRONIC

Anybody else had trouble getting the proper plug wires? Mines an 85 model, so no intercooler if that matters.

Any whoo I'll probably go see my peugeot guy tommorow and ask him to have a look at the beast.. It seems

like its been running really shitty recently.. ( rough running, not much power.. feels like its not getting enough or gas or missing )

It startedd running very poorly after the snowstorm we had her a few weeks ago.. I ran through a tank of gas with some STP fuel injector cleaner and that helped a little.. But i know it should have more power & rew freer than it does.

Oh well... Merry christmas all!

I bought a set of plug wires off ebay and they finally got here.. Went to go put them on and .. they're all too short!

Now this is the 2nd pair of wires I've bought off ebay ( first ones I got must have been for a nonturbo, as they were too short also.. but that was only 5$!) ARRRGHHH

Here are the wires :

Ebay item

It says

Make Model Year Cyls Ltr CID Ignition Type

PEUGEOT 505 80-91 4 2.0 0 ELECTRONIC

PEUGEOT 505 TURBO 85-89 4 2.2 0 BOSCH ELECTRONIC

Anybody else had trouble getting the proper plug wires? Mines an 85 model, so no intercooler if that matters.

Any whoo I'll probably go see my peugeot guy tommorow and ask him to have a look at the beast.. It seems

like its been running really shitty recently.. ( rough running, not much power.. feels like its not getting enough or gas or missing )

It startedd running very poorly after the snowstorm we had her a few weeks ago.. I ran through a tank of gas with some STP fuel injector cleaner and that helped a little.. But i know it should have more power & rew freer than it does.

Oh well... Merry christmas all!

I think those are for 2L and 2.2L GTI/STI engine only ZDJL or ZEJ.

V-M

• 4 weeks later...

I got the right wires eventually.. New distributor and plugs too and its been running sweet since then...

If anybody wants a set of wires for their N/A car I'll gladly send them to you for the cost of shipping.. I have no use for them.

Next project is to open up the dash, fix the heater fan and try to find out where all this water is coming from... It leaks a lot of water from the under the glovebox, and I end up with a big puddle on the passenger side floor..Strangley only on that passenger side.

Good to hear you got it running nice...

As for the fan - it's accessible from the engine bay. The water leak you speak of if coming from behind the glove box is likely your windshield leaking. If you haven't verified the leak water can also come in from the door seals, and possibly the sunroof drain line if the hose isn't routed or plugged...

Rabin