New addition to the Peugeot family...

Bean

Normally getting a bike would be an off topic post - but not when it's a genuine Peugeot road bike! Built March 89' it'd be one of the last model bikes made by Peugeot before they sold the cycle division... :rolleyes:

DSC_0339.JPG

more pics here:

New road bike

I've been wanting to get a road bike for sometime, and I've ALWAYS wanted a proper Peugeot bike, so I killed two birds with one stone. Found it locally on Kijiji, and have been researching it a bit on BikeForum.net and got a ton of info. Sounds like a fairly high line bike with some neat components since it was purchased in europe originally and brought over... Bike needs a little love - but has been used very little.

Funniest thing is that I've met a lot of hardcore Peugeot bike guys on that forum - and they all have respect for the car as well...

Very cool indeed how some worlds intersect...

Now to find some training rollers so I can ride it in the winter to get into shape!

Rabin

Congratulations with your new Peugeot transportation device. :rolleyes:

Nice find! Peugeot is normally known for its cars off course, but they have produced almost anything that has steel in it. From sowing machines to guns, and from bikes to coffee grinders and all kind of tools. I has to said though that the car/bike division has been split off from the other divisions early 20th century allready. But they have been making metal product since 1810.

I myself have a pepper grinder and a toolbox from Peugeot apart from my cars.

Thanks Brownie!

I've also got a pepper grinder, and when I painted my Gary Fisher MTB I put Peugeot decals on it... :rolleyes: I also have a number of 1:43, 1:24, and 1:18 die cast cars.

Also collected a shaving bag, ball cap, and Peugeot lion teddy bear... The last are gifts received from family that have gone over seas since we don't get anything like that here.

I pretty much collect anything Peugeot - just not a lot available in Canada at all.

Rabin

Cool! Yeah it's pretty funny how there are so many commonalities to Peugeot car ownership! I think it's those common qualities that make for a tight community and making fast friends...

I've gotten so many PM's from guys on the bike forum asking about my Peugeots - and then telling me the ones they used to own... One fellow said his father is a French car nut with a Citroen XM and is waiting till 2010 to import a GTA... (Sent him the link to the e-bay one) Oddly enough they're the same guys that are hardcore Peugeot bike nuts... After reading through the forums my next quest is to get a mid 70's PX-10 road bike... I figure they'll be killer sweet to have the 89' Mont Blanc on my 86 Turbo, and have the 70's PX-10 on my 504 when I transport them... :rolleyes:

On a pleasant note I went to the biggest bike shop in Regina to check out bar wrap and new seats available and took a couple road bikes for a spin on the indoor track... There's maybe a 5 lb different between the high end $3K road bikes I took for a spin and the Peugeot I bought... I understand 5 lb is huge in the bike world - but 19 lb vs 25 lb isn't anything when the price difference is $2940!

Can't wait to refurbish the hubs, regrease the bearings and get a nice seat on it. Priced out some training rollers and for $400 they want - I think I'll look at building my own...

Rabin

woah d00zer!!

Another freerider on this forum, eh?

i cant get enough of downhill and freeriding.

i race 4x and downhill myself.

heres a picture of my collection of bikes

l_f4c08babbde15b49c6d0ba919deb8f2c.jpg

l_07b8bcc154eb7d55e7a8dde132f84939.jpg

l_0844857a7528a490df4ba359637118e6.jpg

ill try to get some more pics, there one of me from a race back in april going off a 10' drop

ill also get some more of me at my local dirtjump park

ps d00zer, nice stuff you got over there in sverige

also, i used to own your type of frame-cannondale gemini 900 in camo i was running it with a marzocchi triple 8 fork and manitou 3way swinger rear shock

Great bikes!

heres a close up of my current downhill beast-the ironhorse 7point3

(keep in mind i have upgraded a bunch of components since i bought the complete bike)

Cool bikes and pictures norcal505!

I like the Ironhorse very much. I have always loved to bike, but no competition (yet).

I have owned the Cannondale for like 6 month now and I love it. Its a awsome freeride bike.

For the most I use it for jumping, I was away one time this summer and ride some downhill.

Prehaps the comming summer I will go away for more downhill riding, i love going fast :rolleyes:

Did you lower the MZ 888 fork when you have it on the Cannondale? I have plans to do som upgrade on my bike and want to test doublecrown fork. But the first upgrade gona be Shimano Saint crankset with single chainring and a chainguide.

What do the Ironhorse 7point3 weight? Is the Ironhorse lighter than the Cannondale?

Love to see more pictures :angry:

thanks ill try 2 get some more pics asap.

as for the fork, i had a shop do it and they just played around with the spacers to my knowledge a little bit

ill try to find some pics of it if i can.

as for my ironhorse-i love it.

it weighs 19.5 kilograms

its a great all around freeride bike and good for downhill

recently, i took it up to whistler in british coloumbia, canada while at the kokanee crankworx.

i unfourntuantely busted my sram x7 derailuer and snapped the derailuer hanger so i had to rent a kona (nevertheless very fun) :rolleyes:

heres some pics from there...

l_8cfd6239ae344c4c74d9669db537760e.jpg

l_97eda6d308d03a3f543bcd2372eb02c9.jpg

l_310a7d7febd2d76c79ab08698b662474.jpg

l_6634369b611d327dac74af31b2f2e245.jpg

We should do a Peugeot meet in Whistler! It's actually close enough to swing for me... :) Plus I can convince the wife easily as it's gorgeous up there.

I was there once during a downhill race and it was awesome - but I was told if you're not running disks you'd be in trouble in a hurry. Hardtails would also take a beating - and after seeing the downhill bikes there - mine old MTB would explode if I tried to downhill with it!

Rabin

That's a neat front suspension on the MTB... Don't think I've seen one like that - does it work well?

As for the score - I'm pretty stoked as it sounds like a pretty rare bike in general - and very much so up here. Hope to get it tuned up and looking real nice - and then start some indoor training to get in shape with it on some training rollers... (Found a used set for $100)

I may even have a line on some older Peugeot road bikes through a buddy - apparently his father does / did a lot of triatholon stuff from way back and still has his old Peugeot road bikes in the basement... He just upgraded to some fancy new one so I'm hoping one of them is a 70's Peugeot to go with my 76' 504... :)

First things first though - once the hubs are rebuilt and the bike tuned I'm hoping I can get some riding in to get a feel for it. If I enjoy riding it then I'll spend some more $$ on a good seat and some better tires when then need to get replaced...

Rabin

Not only does the front suspension afford verticle travel, the rear suspension does as well. The fork was made by AMP back in the middle 90's. The shocks are the weakest feature but I do as much assendings as desending and a 2.25" travel fork that weighs 2.85 lbs is a bonus. Attached is a bike that has a different style linkage fork designed by the same guy who designed the rear suspension on the 4-Banger, Mert Lawwell (ever see the movie "On Any Sunday" ??)

Let me know if any of those bikes come available

post-302-1197783343.jpg

Cool!

My old Gary Fisher is from the early 90's and has the first gen Rock Shox on it - has maybe 3" travel with magnesium housings and is ridiculously light as well...

First time I took the bike to the locl shop to get upgraded the guy was shocked that they were in excellent working order and immediately tried to buy them... It's got an odd 1 1/4" headstock though so it's tough to get replacements - so I passed on the offer. I can still go into the stores and compare it to modern bikes costing big money and it's still as light as they are and rides pretty well just as nice for what I want...

As for the Peugeot Road bikes - if they become available I'll definitely let you know. I'd check the local craigslists and stuff around you though as there have been some guys that have scored killer deals on some rare bikes that way... One guy just posted getting a rare factory racer spec model PSV-10 Peugeot road bike for $50! The PX-10 with the Reynolds 531 tubing though seems to be a reachable "holy grail" bike if one comes up... Apparently every Peugeot enthusiast should have one!

Rabin