Reliable source for a jap-gte engine in the us.

Guest adegnes

Guest adegnes

Do anyone know about a good reliable source for jap-engines in the us? I'm looking for a 2jz-gte to slot in my 505. looks like most us-2jz's are equiped with auto-trany's :P

Do anyone know about a good reliable source for jap-engines in the us? I'm looking for a 2jz-gte to slot in my 505. looks like most us-2jz's are equiped with auto-trany's :P

Good luck. The going price for a 2JZ-GTE and Getrag 6 speed is upwards of 10K. The Getrag itself is a rare unit and is usually 5K used. The reason is the rarity of this engine/tranny combo and every Supra/MarkII guy in the world dreams of this swap. I think the best place to be is in Australia for this kind of thing. Those guys are at ground zero of cool stuff. In the US, it's do-able, it just costs a fair amount of change.

I'm leaning toward a 7M-GTE/W-58 into a STX.

What's the goal with the car?

Guest adegnes

i have a bunch of friends who have swapped 2jz-gte's in their volvos.

theyre pretty nice, but ive never seen or heard of a swap into a peugeot.

good luck!

have you moved to the us?

why not look around europe?

im sure they have some blocks somwhere there

oh, it's been done... http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?s=...post&p=1714

I'm still located in Norway, but shipping an engine from the US is pretty cheap, aprx. 300USD.

I could look around europe, but prices are usually much higher...

oh, it's been done... http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?s=...post&p=1714

I'm still located in Norway, but shipping an engine from the US is pretty cheap, aprx. 300USD.

I could look around europe, but prices are usually much higher...

Those are 1JZs. 2.5L vs the 2Js 3.0. They seem to be favorites for sedan swaps, Cressidas, Volvos. They didn't import a 1JZ car into the US, but other markets - JDM, A/NZ in particular - are full of them. The 2J is the real fire breather.

Let me know (PM me) if you still want a 2J. I have a lot of friends in the Toyota world. But it will cost you that much money. They only imported 12,000 93-98 turbo Supras into the us and only have of those had the manual transmission. That's why they go for north of 30K for a stock one (if you can find one).

I'd still go for the 7M-GTE. Very plentiful and relatively cheap. They're great engines if you get ARP studs to handle the head gasket issues. Here's the bragging site of the engine (www.7mpower.com)