1985 505 Turbo brochure

webmaster

Those headlights are used only in Euro spec 505 Turbo Injection (1983-1988), 505 V6 (1986-1989) and in a limited series (1500 cars?) called 505 GTX Injection (1986 only?). They have a special H4 + H1 combination setup (normal European headlights are only H4). H1 has its own reflector too (in the lower part). They are not yellow in reality. I think they (Peugeot) have just manipulated the photo for the brochure (BTW, it's for the model year 1986 not 1985. ;-D).

EDIT: It looks like there really is something yellow inside the light. Look at this picture:

http://leverdie.club.fr/Annonces/505-GTX-gilles/100_1111.JPG

I haven't seen any 505 Turbo Injection in Finland that has that yellow part inside... You can also see clearly that second reflector.

EDIT #2: They might also use some yellow H4 bulbs. ;-)

They are very nice but also expensive (about 350 euros/dollars per unit). :-(

BTW, if you want to download more Finnish 505 brochures you can find them from my web site: http://peugeot505.info. I've scanned, edited and uploaded to the web site only about half the ones I have (rest will follow later...).

Edited by Toni Lindroos

Thank you for your post Toni! I will definitley have a look at your other scans and upload them in the near future (giving your site credit of course).

The picture you posted: here shows the ?EU? spec bumper which has the same trim as the 89+ 505 front bumper which is unavailable to us here in the US. Do you know of any place we may be able to find it over seas?

The picture you posted: here shows the ?EU? spec bumper which has the same trim as the 89+ 505 front bumper which is unavailable to us here in the US. Do you know of any place we may be able to find it over seas?

I'm not sure if those 1986-on European bumbers are exactly the same as 1989 US bumbers? Fastening could be different? I don't have any pictures or access to an newer European 505.

Anyway, those European bumbers should be easily available in Europe. One I found in a Finnish catalog costs 125 euros (bumber) + 84 euros (the lower part, front spoiler) but I don't think it's an original part. The easiest way could be ordering it from some on-line shop in UK? I don't know any places but it should be easy to find them using Google or asking in Peugeot-L mailing list.

I'm not sure if those 1986-on European bumbers are exactly the same as 1989 US bumbers? Fastening could be different? I don't have any pictures or access to an newer European 505.

Anyway, those European bumbers should be easily available in Europe. One I found in a Finnish catalog costs 125 euros (bumber) + 84 euros (the lower part, front spoiler) but I don't think it's an original part. The easiest way could be ordering it from some on-line shop in UK? I don't know any places but it should be easy to find them using Google or asking in Peugeot-L mailing list.

hmm.. what EU 505 year range come with the bumper pictured above?

• 4 months later...

About those yellow headlights: In France it was until around 1975 forbidden to use white ligths. All cars had yellow lights. In the 80's both were allowed on new cars and since 1995 each new car has to have white lights.

Therefore a lot of original French 505's have those yellow lights. Only the normal lights, the 'big' lights were white. Although you don't see them a lot anymore here in France, they are still available and don't cost much more then white ones. Even half spheres of yellow glass are sold which you can click on the white lights, making them...yellow lights!

Anyway it doesn't cost a lot of money, you don't have to change the compleet unit but it is much more relaxed for your eyes and those of the oncoming traffic. But it's typical french and rarely seen in America I think.

those head lights are pretty cool, but there is no way i'd ever give up my 'side-by-side' HIDs in my 505. Definetly one of the best things I've done so far.

I've got these same HID's in my 81 TD, and they do throw a decent amount of light. I've been trying to cross reference some yellow bulbs for the euro versions that some of us have as well.

• 1 year later...