Who's Cars Are These??!!!

I was searching just now endlessly and randomly through some archived VwVortex.com content and stumbled apon a thread with photos of some SoCal French/Italian Car Show from Last Year (2006)

wow...

*jaw dropping* :D

Enjoy!! :)

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1781.JPGhaha check out that 505 turbo just barely in the pic..

IMG_1780.JPGCALIFORNIA DEALER TAGS!!???!!!! WTF???!!!

IMG_1779.JPGbeautiful.

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1774.JPGwow, vintage renualt!!

IMG_1768.JPGsacre bleu!! :D

IMG_1765.JPGwowwwweee!!

IMG_1762.JPGMEXICANO PUG IN SOCAL, FTW!!! :(

IMG_1761.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

Jeeze!! How'd all these owners get these??!! :)

there are so many more pics that i found, that it'd take me like an hour to post... :(

Nice pics! Even in Europe all these cars are rare except for the 2CV and Peugeot 206. Incredebel that you can find that in the States. Recently a 205 T16 was sold in Holland for 55.000 euro, so around 70.000 dollar I guess!

there was a fully factory restored evo 1 recently for sale, 100,000 euro's odd if i remember right. :D

Well, glad you found those because I have gone to this event many times and quite often Red is the only 505 there (there was a nasty grey 505T there one year and an even nastier red 505T the year before)(my opoligies to the owner(s), but I doubt they'd be on this thead). 2006 the were more R5T2's than all of the Peugeots together. Why is that there are more Lancia's & Citroen's then there are Peugeot's ??.

Anyway, I offer a place to stay for anyone who comes the event this year as it would be nice to have a good showing of Peugeots at least once, right? In 2004 there were more Bizzarrini's that Peugeots !!

post-137-1188083175.jpg

post-137-1188083248.jpg

post-137-1188083329.jpg

post-137-1188083620.jpg

• 1 month later...

Me too, Another top-product from Citroen regarding comfort. ;) Unfortunately it is in fact a Maserati in disgise with all its technical issues. B)

I am definately going to get a SM. Prefer a 72 with the 2.8, 5 speed and in gold. I've been wanting one since I got my Peugeot and learned about other French cars. I view my 505 as training wheels for the SM. I don't think I'll ever be without a Peugeot though. They're just too damn good of a car not to have.

yeah

i really love SM's.

i can say that they are some of the MOST beautiful cars ever made.

If I had to own a Citroen, It'd be a Xm. I really love them.

I know that a handful were imported at a time in NJ a while ago.

after I get the 505 turbo conversion sorted out, and some extra work on the volvo, I'd love to own a citroen for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

SM World in Valencia, California I believe still exist. He had THE COOLEST SM on the Planet. Imagine an SM configured to be an El Camino and towing a Land Speed Record SM on a trailer that used Citroen suspension so that the very low SM LSR car could drive onto the trailer without ramps !!! I tried to find a picture (I have one that I could scan if I could find it) but only got this close

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_SM

attached is a photo of the entire Peugeot contingen at the French/Itailian Car how from a few years ago.

post-137-1193004965.jpg