505 turbo's in wrecking yards (pick 'n pull)

august

alright norcal505, being your local, there are 2 505 turbo's at the newerk pnp off mowry, both manual transmission.

One is a 88, engine bay almost %100 complete except for the missing intercooler. Everything looked pretty good though. (norcal, that one has the large turbo :)).

The other one was a 86 GL turbo. the engine was also fairly complete, but had higher milage (the 88 had 130k or so).

so there's 2 complete car's you could rip apart and make your *dream* 505. get choppin :angry:

Hey that's great news for you Norcal505!

Get out there and claim your prize :angry:

I maybe stopping by this PNP yard nexted Wednesday July 4th, and no, I'm only looking for some misc. trim parts.

Thanks August for the heads up, but it's sad to hear of these showing up in wrecking yards in away, but for those looking for spare parts, it's like finding a blood bank.

Good luck Norcal505, Jeff

i saw them when i was down there a week or so ago. i'd love to grab a bunch of stuff but i think the weight limit on alaska airlines is quite a bit lower then an N9TEA + trans :)

norcal, it's *rare* you see a N9TEA in the junk yard. and this one is low milage+, complete+, and a manual trans+.

the sad thing is i think norcal will be the only one who raid's these cars :angry: ... the turbo crowd seems to be drifting away

i saw them when i was down there a week or so ago. i'd love to grab a bunch of stuff but i think the weight limit on alaska airlines is quite a bit lower then an N9TEA + trans :o

norcal, it's *rare* you see a N9TEA in the junk yard. and this one is low milage+, complete+, and a manual trans+.

the sad thing is i think norcal will be the only one who raid's these cars :D ... the turbo crowd seems to be drifting away

Your right August. Very few of these models remain on the road. I feel that generally that most people just get feed up with Peugeot's here in the states and call a wrecking yard. Since 1990 I have owned and sold a least 15 505's and I have only junked one of them.

Jeff

Dude, Inside I'm crying. I cant go this weekend cus' my family is making me drive my gp's up 2 our tahoe house (in my peugeot)...they made me get the a/c fixed (after 17 years)...

But i hope its still there...im leaving later today...but i hope its all still there for another week or... two...

btw... i agree on how turbo's are becomin rarer and rarer.

the only one's that ive seen recently are the two indentical white 505 Turbo's that are near my house, and a REALLY NICE BLUE late 505 S Turbo that i saw in berkeley-(it had the bodykit)

DID i tell anyone that yesterday some guy offered to buy my car??

Wonderin what my reply was?????......

Hell Naw!! :D

Norcal505, I stopped by the yard this morning to get a few interior trim pieces. Just as August indicated, the engine bays appear to be only missing the intercoolers. The interior of both cars have been gone through. The white 86 GL is by far in worse shape than the maroon 88. I hadn't been to this PNP location before, rather large with a small area for what they call other foriegn models.

I'd say you still have a good chance of getting what you can from these two.

Jeff

jeff--

did you notice if the maroon 88' or the white 86' had the following parts (also)??:

-rear wing (doesnt matter which style)

-euro lights

-grill (tell me what finish)

-side turn/light markers (in good condi.??)

-trunk emblems (doesnt matter which car, just tell me what condi)

-steering wheels

-random parts like license plate holder for the front (non-plastic style) bumpers

-newer style taillights

-newer style rear license plate area(usually with the groove design)

thanks jeff

i would really appreciate some help before i go

jeff--

did you notice if the maroon 88' or the white 86' had the following parts (also)??:

-rear wing (doesnt matter which style) Maroon 88 has rear wing (take the whole deck lid with it because it has the double struts for the added weight) Same for white one

-euro lights Neither had them

-grill (tell me what finish) Maroon one has one intack (Chrome face)-side turn/light markers (in good condi.??) Yes, Maroon car does

-trunk emblems (doesnt matter which car, just tell me what condi) Both missing emblems

-steering wheels Maroon car missing wheel,white car is blue

-random parts like license plate holder for the front (non-plastic style) bumpers Maroon car has metal front plate holder

-newer style taillights 1st generation taillights only

-newer style rear license plate area(usually with the groove design) 89 was the only year with this grooved design

thanks jeff

i would really appreciate some help before i go

I bolded the answers for you,

If you have more let me know

Jeff

thanks jeff

i think when i head down in a few days

ill grab the grill and the rear spoiler/maybe lid

i wanna talk to em' and ask em how much a engine, and then maybe tranny

i dont wanna buy the entire car (i dont have room. at all)

ill see how i could get it moved from there up 40 miles to my garage

(i dont wanna get the back of my volvo wagon all oily and craped up)

ill probably rent a pickup truck.

how much do u think i could get away with one of the engines for??

im lookin to not spend that much

what is the difference bt. the N9TEA or the N9T (im guessin the 86 has a N9T...)??

?

please help

I'd get the N9TEA out of the 88. Much cleaner and the last version of this model. Don't forget to get the ECU for it under the right side dash also. I thought they sold entire engines for very little money. I would think the same for the transmission, and I can't recall if your manual trans and the later turbo's use the same torque tube, but I bet they do.

You can call their 800 number on their web site to get a specific price.

Jeff

both engines would work well with my CURRENT 5-speed manual tranny??

Your 1983 STI with XN6 engine has a BA 7/5 transmission and Turbos use the BA 10/5. Also final drive ratios are probably different. Here's some specs for the 1986 US models:

Peugeot 505 1986 U.S.A.

So, I would recommend to get the whole package including engine, transmission, propeller shaft + torque tube, differential, drive shafts etc.

I don't know if it's possible (easily) to make the Turbo engine work with BA 7/5 transmission but the BA 7/5 was not designed to handle the torque of these engines anyway...

And don't forget that the Turbo has better suspension setup too...

Your 1983 STI with XN6 engine has a BA 7/5 transmission and Turbos use the BA 10/5. Also final drive ratios are probably different. Here's some specs for the 1986 US models:

Peugeot 505 1986 U.S.A.

So, I would recommend to get the whole package including engine, transmission, propeller shaft + torque tube, differential, drive shafts etc.

I don't know if it's possible (easily) to make the Turbo engine work with BA 7/5 transmission but the BA 7/5 was not designed to handle the torque of these engines anyway...

And don't forget that the Turbo has better suspension setup too...

I knew someone had a closer answer! :rolleyes:

Thanks Toni, I'm over in the slow lane with a few TD's models with ZF automatics

Jeff

I knew someone had a closer answer! :rolleyes:

Thanks Toni, I'm over in the slow lane with a few TD's models with ZF automatics

Jeff

Well, I'm not an expert on US models, so probably someone over there could give a more specific answer on what parts to get. :-)

It would be safer to get the whole car and then make the conversion but if one has no extra space for the car... :-(

I've been thinking about buying a late model 505 GTI here in Finland and convert it to Turbo using parts from a 1985 model Turbo. Or then again it would maybe be simpler to buy a whole car from Sweden, Germany or France...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

alright.

now that i'm back from tahoe, I wanna go FOR SURE and check this place out on saturday.

Anyone know anything about how much is left??

I'll be also dropping by John Srour's Peugeot Wreck Yard, so if anyone needs to know if he has something, I'll ask him for you.

Hopefully these cars are still there. How large is John's inventory of Peugeots? If you could pass on his contact info that would be great. Good luck Saturday,

Keep us posted, Jeff

Hopefully these cars are still there. How large is John's inventory of Peugeots? If you could pass on his contact info that would be great. Good luck Saturday,

Keep us posted, Jeff

alright so i'm about to leave.

im taking my digicamera with me (yes august, ill take some pics of the broken wrench :lol: ), to get some shots of johns inventory, if anyone's interested.

i recall last time i went there, there was a maroon 505 turbo that had black racing stripes and i belive had eurolights

today when i go back, i will check it out, and see if it does, b/c if it does, ima get me some eurolights! :D

im also gonna check out the pick-n-pull (AT LAST!!) to see if i could use any parts.

i also was taking with my local peugeot mechanic 2 days ago.

he for some reason is trying to steer me out of doing a N9T series engine swap, b/c he said that it would need a new tranny, 4 extra engine computers, etc..

he's trying to convince me of donig a a High-Perfomance Naturally Asperiated Build up on my XN6.

He also told me that he could help me with a N9T swap, but it would be very hard.

He said he has experience and in the years, he has built many N9T's, and he said that this would be very hard.

He said that it has been done in the past though, and the performance improvments have been incredible.

p.s. jeff, sorry but i have seemed to lose his business card, eurotrash has it though, b/c i gave it to him, and he was very happy after he purchased wheels from John.

Ill get the info today though.