505 Race cars!

Peugeottogo

Great idea August!

I have sent him/her this question:

"Hello!

I would really like to have detailed information and pictures.

As much info and pictures as possible, please. Thank you!

/Johnny"

Which looks like this when translated by babelfish:

"Bonjour !

Je voudrais vraiment avoir détaillé l'information et des images.

Autant information et images comme possible, svp. Merci !

/Johnny"

I have virutally no education in french, but it looks pretty convincing to me.

It will be interesting to see what (if any) the result will be.

check out what else i found on eBay France....

Evolution Bodykit!! :angry:

e98f_1.JPG

What a coincidence, I know this guy quite well. He is the treasurer of the Peugeot 505 club. He's living the extreme nord of France, a few hunderd miles from me. I have seen the car several times and it is almost in mint condition! He is equiped with LPG, liquified petrol gas. Does that exist in America? In Europe it becomes more popular due to the high gas prices. LPG costs only about $0.70 per liter while petrol is over $1.60 per liter! He is selling it now because he has bought a serie 1 505 GTI, which he prefers.

LPG? never heard of it here in the US.

well let's see, europe is what, 10 years ahead of america, so i hope we'll be seeing it by 2015

sadly, its the truth

Hey, but good ol' President Bush just hopped on the E85 train, so I think eventually, that'll get us somewhere, to be kinda like Brazil.

BTW....

pretty soon, Bmw will be selling a PRODUCTION Hydrogen Powered 7 series.

Kinda strange though....

LPG? never heard of it here in the US.

well let's see, europe is what, 10 years ahead of america, so i hope we'll be seeing it by 2015

Well, in Holland LPG is popular since the oil crisis in the seventies. So we are a lot ahead. :D

It is some sort of compressed gaz in a high-pressure tank in your boot. It is applicable on petrol engines. Sometimes you have to start on petrol and switch to LPG, but some cars even start op LPG. It needs also some modifications to your engine.

In germany and some other countries it is uite normal to run your diesel engines on vegetable oil. This is also sold at some gaz stations. Needs some modifications too. I did that to on my 604 and the engine runs much smoother and more silent. Some people are even filtering used oil from restaurants to use in their cars!

pretty soon, Bmw will be selling a PRODUCTION Hydrogen Powered 7 series.

Kinda strange though....

This is indeed a small thing still. I believe only one hydrogen station is opened in Holland, but I wonder how many cars are using it already.

I believe there are project in the US too. Aren't they making bio-ethanol somewhere in the central states, from corn?

check out what else i found on eBay France....

Evolution Bodykit!! :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150134292637

It's not the Evolution body kit (PDF: Peugeot 505 1986 Evolution) but another body kit (containing only side skirts for center and back) that was offered in Europe (PDF: Peugeot 505 Equipements 1988, more pics here)

Oh yeah, check out this other 505's paint/body work!! Pretty Nice!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200118111207

That's a standard European 505 1985 GTI with front and back bumbers from an European Turbo Injection 1983-1985.