Brake Pads

SSB

I just ordered some semi-metalic pads for Deuce & Red from http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/pf.html

$79 per end. These are close to what Peugeot offered originally as "Heavy Duty brake pads" (they were actually Repco BMX-B's). I know Red is happy with these yet I want to put these on Deuce (W/ABS) as those rotors are glazing-up.

Nice!!

Were the "h.d. brake pads" from peugeot optional, or accessory??

B/c I think my dad mentioned something about having a few pads left in boxes from the 80's. My dad modifieid my car (back when it was his) through the late 80's and and the early 90's. Just one of the mods, for ex, would be the 3rd brake light...

Ever seen one of them on a 83??

Nice!!

Were the "h.d. brake pads" from peugeot optional, or accessory??

B/c I think my dad mentioned something about having a few pads left in boxes from the 80's. My dad modifieid my car (back when it was his) through the late 80's and and the early 90's. Just one of the mods, for ex, would be the 3rd brake light...

Ever seen one of them on a 83??

I don't think they were options, just from the parts department. Yet I went to a Bap Geon store and bought exactly the same thing (back in the day).

I just ordered some semi-metalic pads for Deuce & Red from http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/pf.html

$79 per end. These are close to what Peugeot offered originally as "Heavy Duty brake pads" (they were actually Repco BMX-B's). I know Red is happy with these yet I want to put these on Deuce (W/ABS) as those rotors are glazing-up.

I recently got a set (both fronts) @ $45. Mintex. MDB1108AF. Peugeot part # 4250.22. I heard that stock the N9Ts were semis. But, I don't know for sure. I wanted something 100% OEM as I would rather take it easy on my rotors. They're still got some life in them and I figured an aggressive pad would hasten their eventual demise. Haven't put them in yet, just gathered up all the necessary parts for the job. Actually found an original ATE hardware kit!

Let me know if the job is any different from "standard". Also, are you doing wheel bearings?

I recently got a set (both fronts) @ $45. Mintex. MDB1108AF. Peugeot part # 4250.22. I heard that stock the N9Ts were semis. But, I don't know for sure. I wanted something 100% OEM as I would rather take it easy on my rotors. They're still got some life in them and I figured an aggressive pad would hasten their eventual demise. Haven't put them in yet, just gathered up all the necessary parts for the job. Actually found an original ATE hardware kit!

Let me know if the job is any different from "standard". Also, are you doing wheel bearings?

As I recall, I couldn't get the metel masters even from Peugeot after '88 for some environment reasons (whatever). So that would make the Mintex non-asbestos, I'd guess.

Ya know, I've never worn out rotors - only warped (alot). I'm believing also that the ones I get made up for Deuce will be solid with cross drilling.

Job different? You mean installing them ??

Wheel bearing ? No.