Danielson headlights

Johnny

Does anyone have any info on those?

I saw this picture on the french ebay:

post-114-1169485841.jpg

I would kill to get my hand on a pair of those, they just look so mean!

Hmmm, I wonder if one could mold a pair in glassfibre? Based on the oem ones :)

The auction was for a danielson 200cv car I think. (my french is non-existent)

Link to auction

Does anyone have any info on those?

I saw this picture on the french ebay:

post-114-1169485841.jpg

I would kill to get my hand on a pair of those, they just look so mean!

Hmmm, I wonder if one could mold a pair in glassfibre? Based on the oem ones :)

The auction was for a danielson 200cv car I think. (my french is non-existent)

Link to auction

hell yeah, those things are kickass aren't they!

check out this similarly named thread ;)

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;hl=headlights

i've love to find a cheaper source for those things, as they seem way over priced. damn cool though :D

aah, must have missed that one. ;)

Overpriced is the word :)

Hmmm, seems like Rabin's thoughts are in line with mine.

Fibreglass should be pretty inexpensive if I've read things right... should be fun to try and do a replica, although I've never worked with fibreglass before. :D

It would be easy if we had a set of those to make a mold of.

Those are stock lights in Argentina for the newer 505's - so the trick would be to find them down there and ship up the housings! The Morrette lights are just crazy expensive - but I've seen pictures of the South american versions and they look identical.

I've never found anyone from down there that could pull it off... Anybody have any contacts?

Rabin

Those are stock lights in Argentina for the newer 505's - so the trick would be to find them down there and ship up the housings! The Morrette lights are just crazy expensive - but I've seen pictures of the South american versions and they look identical.

I've never found anyone from down there that could pull it off... Anybody have any contacts?

Rabin

wasn't there a guy on the Peugeot-L list who was selling argentinian euro style lamps from south america a while back? i wonder if he could get us some more info...

Those were euro lights from south america, but he had no idea about being able to get the lights I was speaking of...

I remember seeing a new car magazine years and years ago that showed cars from all the markets in the world - it was in there that I saw new 505's still being sold, along with new 504's well into the 90's - and the front picture of the 505 showed the quad headlight 7"+5.25" combo. It was from Argentina - so that's what I held onto.

Not sure it was production - maybe it was a one off - but I've never known anyone who could confirm or not.

Rabin

Those were euro lights from south america, but he had no idea about being able to get the lights I was speaking of...

I remember seeing a new car magazine years and years ago that showed cars from all the markets in the world - it was in there that I saw new 505's still being sold, along with new 504's well into the 90's - and the front picture of the 505 showed the quad headlight 7"+5.25" combo. It was from Argentina - so that's what I held onto.

Not sure it was production - maybe it was a one off - but I've never known anyone who could confirm or not.

Rabin

Should 5.25 have been 5.75?

Seems like 5.75 is standard for swedish cars.

Interesting if those argentinian 505's had quadlights. If they did, one can ask the question why?

The lights seem pretty cheap.

Two 7" and two 5.75" costs corresponding $75 new.

Mounting details are probably not included so if I'm going to mold a pair of quadlights then I'll probably have to make my own mounting details or take used ones from a car that has those lights std.

Yep - sorry - I meant 5.75". Thanks for clarifying!

As for why - I'm guessing cosmetics, just to make it look different from previous models. The reason I want to do it though is lighting. Running two round headlights, I was going to run the low beam 5.75" lights, along with the 7" rounds. Both lights have hi/lo settings, so I'd rewire the relays to have 3 settings. "low" would have all 4 on their low beam settings, "mid" would have all four on their high settings, and "high" would have both the hi and low settings on at the same time. Daniel Stern wrote about it on his site - and I thought it was an awesome idea.

wiring headlights

Only lighting as good as bi-diode 504 Euro's I've had has been the 504 with quad bosch 5.75" lights. So with running the 7" rounds and the 3 setting set up - they should be outstanding.

I currently have a 504 with the quad headlights, so modding it to run 7" outter lights will be easy. For the 505 - I'm thinking you'd have to modify the housings of an existing headlight to fit the quad lights, or get your hands on the early quad headlight set up used in the USA and modify the outter set to run the 7" light.

I've tried several times to find a set from guys wrecking sets in the states - so if anyone finds some at the wrecked I'd be interested!

Rabin

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to buy double head lights from eBay but only for driver's side. :-\ It should be a new and unused part and it should arrive from France in about 2 weeks. I'll then check it closely and examine if I can easily make one for the passager side too... The only picture I have at the moment is attached to this message.

post-42-1171402495.jpg

Nice find - if somewhat bitter sweet. Fantastic find - but only the one side! "Nice" and "damn" at the same time... :(

Still though - great to see if it's easily copied - and if you can dissassemble it a little - it might give us a hint on how to duplicate it easily.

Should be a nice upgrade - and I think it looks very nice indeed.

Rabin

I'll post some details and pictures as soon as I get it. The structure should be quite simple. I'll also try to find out if it's possible to order one unit for the passenger side from Peugeot. These were also sold as OEM options according to some brochures I have.

Also, I think I'll try to contact the local Morette dealer and ask if I can order only one unit and maybe even without those halogen lights because I would like to choose the lights myself, maybe some good Xenon lights.

One option is to ask from the French 505 forum if anyone there has some used ones for sale...

Hah, I can image how the car looks if I put the double lights to one side and keep the original on the other side. ;-D

Here are two French Peugeot 505 optional equipment brochures, I added the 1988 one today:

Peugeot 505 Equipements 1985

Peugeot 505 Equipements 1988

Both of them lists those double headlights but they have different part numbers for some unknown reason:

1985: 9682.01

1988: 9682.28 (|-> 1986)

I don't know what differencies they have and if one can use newer in pre-facelift model (<-1985) or the other way around. I wonder what's the part number for that headlight unit I'm going to get...

The headlight pictures from those brochures are also attached to this message.

post-42-1171482233.jpg

post-42-1171482254.jpg

post-42-1171482264.jpg