WTB - Passenger Mirror Assembly 1981 505

LBC28730

The 81 might have a different style mirror - Can you post a picture of the driver one?

There were 3 styles and I’m not sure when the first to second change was, but second to third style changed in 1986 MY.

Rabin

Yeah - that’s the early style with the manual knob and will be much harder to locate a passenger one.  ? - 85 they moved to the door, and then 86+ the moved back to the window corner but were electric.

I’ve only known of/had one early 505 - 1980 505 SR.  bought it as a total loss many years ago and put it’s motor and 5sp into my 504.

Might try eBay?

Rabin

6 hours ago, Bean said:

Yeah - that’s the early style with the manual knob and will be much harder to locate a passenger one.  ? - 85 they moved to the door, and then 86+ the moved back to the window corner but were electric.

I’ve only known of/had one early 505 - 1980 505 SR.  bought it as a total loss many years ago and put it’s motor and 5sp into my 504.

Might try eBay?

Rabin

So 79-84 maybe? I've definitely seen this variation far less than anything else. 
I slept on one that was available on car-part several months back and now I really wish I would have went ahead and got it

Yes - Quick Google search seems to verify that year range for the manual mirrors.

I remember some NOS ones on eBay years ago, so might be worth saving a search there.  I’d also try contacting some of the vendors listed on the forum to see if they had any sources for them.

Rabin

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, SouvenirCup said:

I might have enough parts to piece one of these together if your car has the dual knob style mirror. I have an 83 with that style mirror, and an extra set from a junkyard car that I used for parts.

That would be fantastic.  Yes. It is the knob style.