peugeots for sale

Guest 505alive

Guest 505alive

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been a peugeot onwer for some time, i am looking to sell the 2 current ones i own 1988 505s turbo intercooler w/auto trans and 1987 505stx 5spd v-6 would anyone be interested, if so please contact me. Al. :)

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been a peugeot onwer for some time, i am looking to sell the 2 current ones i own 1988 505s turbo intercooler w/auto trans and 1987 505stx 5spd v-6 would anyone be interested, if so please contact me. Al. ;)

welcome to the forum al. Where are the cars located? Do you have any pictures you can post? What kind of prices are you hoping to get for either car?

Guest 505alive

I am located in upstate N.Y. but both cars came from Virginia and i take them off the road for the winter, the 87 stx is my pride and joy the body is rust free with new paint needs very little to be 100% daily driver during the summer, gets the heads to turn not any others around here except the 2 i own i hope to get 1800.00 to a peugeot lover only if not i will just keep it., thinking about e-bay but i dont know. The 88 505s turbo intercooler is also daily driver very little rust i have only had that for a year it may have a small head gasket leak or something because after it sets a few days it blows smoke on start up and has begun using alittle antifreeze but never overheated, i hear that is common on that motor? It is hard owning two peugeots i had a third 505s turbo diesel but got rearended at a stop sign. The 88 i would like to get 800.00 o.b.o. I am going to ask a buddy of mine to help me post some pictures because i have very little computer skills, so keep a look out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been a peugeot onwer for some time, i am looking to sell the 2 current ones i own 1988 505s turbo intercooler w/auto trans and 1987 505stx 5spd v-6 would anyone be interested, if so please contact me. Al. :rolleyes:

Al,

Do you still have either available?

Thanks,

Belinda

Guest 505alive

I am getting cold feet on selling the stx but if i get my asking price i will sell, no dickering on that one it is too nice of a car and is almost complete, very nice, not mint but very nice, the turbo i will dicker a little that one is a excellent project car very little rust. I just got both cars out from thier long winter nap and that has given me the cold feet whether to sell or not. Before they were put away a buddy of mine was going to help me post pictures i have been bugging him to death hopefully in the next few weeks. These cars are both from the south the stx spent some of its life in Italy i think. Anyhow i guess that answers your question in a long winded way, sounds like a guy that really doesnt want to sell though, doesnt it?

AL.

I am getting cold feet on selling the stx but if i get my asking price i will sell, no dickering on that one it is too nice of a car and is almost complete, very nice, not mint but very nice, the turbo i will dicker a little that one is a excellent project car very little rust. I just got both cars out from thier long winter nap and that has given me the cold feet whether to sell or not. Before they were put away a buddy of mine was going to help me post pictures i have been bugging him to death hopefully in the next few weeks. These cars are both from the south the stx spent some of its life in Italy i think. Anyhow i guess that answers your question in a long winded way, sounds like a guy that really doesnt want to sell though, doesnt it?

AL.

Al,

Yes it does, but I cannot blame you :rolleyes:

Would you please respond to [email protected]

I would like to speak with you a bit more.

Thanks!

Guest 505alive

To anyone who is interested there are some pictures posted of a very nice 87 505stx more to come!!! This car has just woke up from its long winters nap,it has not even taken its first spring shower! well what do you think? feedback anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

post-173-1176417263.jpgpost-173-1176417278.jpgpost-173-1176417291.jpgpost-173-1176417302.jpg

I promised you more photo's. Well here they are. These are of the 88 505s turbo intercooler.

Let me know what you think!

Al,

I still think they are beautiful and enjoy looking at them :(

• 1 month later...
Guest the505inme

Blowing some smoke at start up after a few days means the valve seals are gone. Using coolant means HG needs to be done at the least, or the head is cracked and needs to be welded. Either way, the head has to come off for a re fresh with the above symptoms.

Is the turbo still available? I have a friend in Toronto hungry for a 505....how many miles on it?

I am located in upstate N.Y. but both cars came from Virginia and i take them off the road for the winter, the 87 stx is my pride and joy the body is rust free with new paint needs very little to be 100% daily driver during the summer, gets the heads to turn not any others around here except the 2 i own i hope to get 1800.00 to a peugeot lover only if not i will just keep it., thinking about e-bay but i dont know. The 88 505s turbo intercooler is also daily driver very little rust i have only had that for a year it may have a small head gasket leak or something because after it sets a few days it blows smoke on start up and has begun using alittle antifreeze but never overheated, i hear that is common on that motor? It is hard owning two peugeots i had a third 505s turbo diesel but got rearended at a stop sign. The 88 i would like to get 800.00 o.b.o. I am going to ask a buddy of mine to help me post some pictures because i have very little computer skills, so keep a look out.

Guest 505alive

88 turbo is still available, have not pushed to sell, will probably keep stx. smoke is not oil but coolant in cylinder i think, because car uses little to no oil between changes, car is very dependable, despite obvious head gasket problem, does not overheat would drive it anywhere except for rear caliper sticking. this car is from virginia very little rust, very good project car, make me a reasonable offer and come get it. AL

Guest the505inme

It only takes a few drops of oil to make a puff of smoke on start up. You know right away by the smell...coolant always smells sweet, oil always smells acidic.

I'll let you know if we are interested in the car, thanks!

BTW, how many miles on it?

88 turbo is still available, have not pushed to sell, will probably keep stx. smoke is not oil but coolant in cylinder i think, because car uses little to no oil between changes, car is very dependable, despite obvious head gasket problem, does not overheat would drive it anywhere except for rear caliper sticking. this car is from virginia very little rust, very good project car, make me a reasonable offer and come get it. AL

Guest the505inme

Hey boost'n, I'm in Toronto, ON with an 86 N9te and an 85 turbo diesel wagon. I'm thinking of putting together a french car/ Peugeot meet up in Highpark or something, I'll post on Peug -L, and here. ould you come out?

Hey boost'n, I'm in Toronto, ON with an 86 N9te and an 85 turbo diesel wagon. I'm thinking of putting together a french car/ Peugeot meet up in Highpark or something, I'll post on Peug -L, and here. ould you come out?

yeh for sure man, let me know, theres a big event at mosport tom "Ferrari track day" is what we call it if your interested u should come up, you can also bring your own car and put it on the track at some intervals from what i remember,

where in toronto u from??