New 505turbo.com project car!

We've just launched a blog which shows some of the things we've done so far to the new car. Keep an eye on this blog as we will continue to post any future changes we've made to the car.

http://www.505turbo.com/86505/blog/

We're really hoping to have this car done soon, but it's once again time and budget limited. Some of the things that are on the future list:

- Put the engine back together (uuh, yeah)

- fmic

- Wideband o2

- Engine tuning and LU-Jetronic (dare I say optimization? ;))

Once the engine is done and running well, we should be moving on to suspension / brakes (not sure which will come first).

As always, enjoy, and any constructive feedback is welcome!

Do you guys have any detailed pics of the entire car?

Great work in the blog too! I posted elsewhere as well - but pricing for the mods would be most appreciated.

Can't get over how nice that rad is - VERY sweet bit of craftsmanship!

Rabin

What cam are you going to use? Danielson?

Are you guys sure that the old LU-jet is up for the challenge?

Or maybe you're going to find out just that with the wideband o2?

As Rabin said, it woud be great if you could post some prices on the mods. (like the turbo for instance)

This project looks really exciting, I really look forward to seeing it progress!

BTW, Do you guys know if there's any difference in the exhaust housing for the N9TE and N9TEA turbo?

Do you guys have any detailed pics of the entire car?

Great work in the blog too! I posted elsewhere as well - but pricing for the mods would be most appreciated.

Can't get over how nice that rad is - VERY sweet bit of craftsmanship!

Nah, no pictures of the entire car as it's in lots of pieces, and torn apart in the garage. Once it's running again we'll post some pictures.

The radiator is nice, except they kinda messed it up, and i haven't got the fixed one back yet. We'll post pictures once we get it.

Prices:

- radiator ~$1000

- turbo ~$500

What cam are you going to use? Danielson?

Using a stock cam reground to Danielson Specs.

Are you guys sure that the old LU-jet is up for the challenge?

Or maybe you're going to find out just that with the wideband o2?

We want to try to work with the stock system and kinda see what's possible. The wideband is the first step ;)

BTW, Do you guys know if there's any difference in the exhaust housing for the N9TE and N9TEA turbo?

The T3 turbine housings? Yeah, the N9TE is a .36 A/R, and the N9TEA is a .48 A/R. The turbo used on the new project car is a .48 A/R (for sure!) :D

Wow - I knew the rad was going to be pricey - but admit that although it's higher than I thought - the quality definitely shows the value for the dollar.

Very nice work so far - can't wait to see the future progress.

Rabin

We want to try to work with the stock system and kinda see what's possible. The wideband is the first step ;)

The T3 turbine housings? Yeah, the N9TE is a .36 A/R, and the N9TEA is a .48 A/R. The turbo used on the new project car is a .48 A/R (for sure!) :D

It will certainly be interesting to hear what you find out LU-jet!

Are you sure about the size of the turbine housing?

I have 2 spare turbos, and I'm pretty certain that they came from N9TE engines (altough not 100%), and they both are .48 A/R on the exhaust housing and .42 on the compressor housing.

Did that price include a rebuild on the turbo?

Btw, who owns the car?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

2007 was a very slow year for this project, nothing really happened except for moving the car and all the parts to a new home 1000 miles away.

It's starting to roll again though: getting parts cleaned, taking the exhaust&intake manifold to the machine shop for some cleaning and minor work.

Fitting the T04 has been more work then I was expecting, but not bad overall. The compressor housing is a bit bigger so I've been trying to get everything to clear, lots of griding / cutting :(

I've got the turbo + test manifold bolted to a template head, and finally got everything clearing nicely today. Took some pictures with my camera phone (below).

I'm going to start looking to injectors after the final cylinder head and turbo are in place.

2007 was a very slow year for this project, nothing really happened except for moving the car and all the parts to a new home 1000 miles away.

It's starting to roll again though: getting parts cleaned, taking the exhaust&intake manifold to the machine shop for some cleaning and minor work.

Fitting the T04 has been more work then I was expecting, but not bad overall. The compressor housing is a bit bigger so I've been trying to get everything to clear, lots of griding / cutting :(

I've got the turbo + test manifold bolted to a template head, and finally got everything clearing nicely today. Took some pictures with my camera phone (below).

I'm going to start looking to injectors after the final cylinder head and turbo are in place.

post-1-1200790284.jpg post-1-1200790298.jpg