Part source oil and fuel filter 504 diesel

Bob McBride

Guest wawaus

there were two different fuel filters fitted to the Peugeot 505 Diesels:

CAV style which use standard CAV filter elements   (eg PURFLUX CS157A) which are widely available from many sources or a PURFLUX fuel filter which uses C112 replaceable filter elements inside the housing.

The oil filter may be:

505 2.3/2.5 Turbo Diesel A Purflux LS880A or equivalent

505 2.3 GLD, GRD, SRD / 2.5  - naturally aspirated -  Purflux LS867B, or equivalent

Sorry I cannot direct you to a source in Canada since I live in Australia, however given the Purflux part numbers your local after market filter supplier should be able to source either the original or equivalents.

The LS880A is a newer filter than the original one specified and is used on a number of more modern Peugeot Diesels. Therefore it is not so difficult to locate and if your Fuel filter is the CAV style these filters are very common on a larger range of diesel engines. If your fuel filter is of the Purflux type and you are unable to obtain the C112  filter elements the CAV filter units are available brand new and are a quick and easy change over.(but you will need one with an integral priming pump) - unbolt, hose clamps off, swap unit, hose clamps on, bolt up, prime, start engine,

Regards

Bill

Guest wawaus

Bob,

I just re-read your original request, somehow I mis-read 504 as 505.......!

anyway the 504s were, I think, all naturally aspirated and used the same filters as the naturally aspirated 505's and for the fuel Filter the same comments apply. If it has been re-engined with a 505 2.3 or 2.5 litre naturally aspirated or turbo the related comments apply.

Happy New Year.

Bill

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/classic/AIDE/8432/03_504.html?id=sous_menu0|0_7

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/classic/AIDE/8432/FB/G1/index.html

On the summary "Filtre et circulation d'huile", 1109.35

Scroll down on the summary to "Filtre gas-oil", 1906.02 for Bosch and 1906.08 for Lucas/Roto.

Google the Peugeot P/N and you may even find NOS Peugeot original parts.