Bonjour tout le monde

SRDT

Hi there, my name is Baptiste (29) and i'm from France so feel free to correct me if my english sound stange or is completly incorrect ;)

I live in the south near Spain, just a few kilometers from Lourdes.

Curently I own 2 Peugeot 309: a SRDturbo and a GTI16, for those unfamiliars with the 80-90' Peugeot lineup the 309 was between the 205 and the 405.

If you want you can find more about the 309 here:

/http://en.peugeot309.net/about/

My diesel has a 1.8 turbocharged (but not intercooled) 78hp engine, almost the same as in the mk1 405. The GTI16 use the XU9J4 and the BE3R from the 405 Mi16, 160hp in a car that weigt 975kg (2150lb) ; on the early 90' that was simply the best hot hatch on the market!

The white GTI16 with PTS (Peugeot Talbot Sport) aftermarket rims:

pict0083v.jpg

pict00902.jpg

pict0039fw.jpg

Imageshack was hosting the pics of the diesel but not anymore, I need to find my old laptop and reupload them but it was something like that:

4759065142.jpg

Then I made it more GTI look-a-like with a front bumper and a rear spoiler, 220k miles and still running as a dd.

Well not that much, the paint job on the white isn't that good and the grey one need a big respray.

Also as 99% of the GTI16 the white was damaged multiple times before, you can go really fast with it but when the car is pushed to the limit you will not see the massive oversteer coming until it's too late ; Peugeot wanted a really sporty handling with sharp cornering and minimum understeer but you have to pay the price. The other issue related to the handling and general performance of the car is oil surge, this one is from 91 and so has the updated oil pump and the oil sump with a baffle but that's not always enough.