89 505 V6 $1500 on craigslist

august

this might be a rippin deal. i'd check it out if i was in the norcal area.

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/165914780.html

(no connection to seller)

Hot navy blue (4 door) sports sedan. Maintained in like-new condition, 1 owner, garaged, 6 cyl 2.8, moon roof, leather seats, exc cd player, Michelin mvx4 radial tires, all repair receipts. make offer.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Pugsley, its a 5 spd. STX

He's a 62 year old guy that drives it like were a sports car.

Id love to have mine with a 5 speed; I wonder how they compared to the turbo 5 speed.

My V6 auto feels alot stronger out of the hole compared to my turbo, but stick is the way to go with a turbo.

If you get pics of this guy ever wants to sell I might bite the hook.

Rob, when I took him up to the bay area to get the car, there was only one other interested person that turn out to be a tire kicker. Just the recent service work that was performed on the car exceded 1,100.00

The owner of the car had moved to Japan and their friends were selling the car for them. They didn't want to store the car any longer, so my friend low balled a price that they just accepted. He plans to have the car this winter resprayed at one of our local high end shops. It won't be cheap, but he's not much into this car at this point, in which he plans on keeping. His prevous 505 was a 84 505 S that he literally wore out. There was very little life left in it, dead cylinder, slipping transmisson, weak brakes, but enough to give it away to another Peugeot owner in Central Ca. to cut the rear fenders off of it for their own damaged 505.

Jeff

• 2 months later...