Opinions on Diesel Purge

I've never used it but the Mercedes and Ford IDI guys swear by it. They run the engines off of a bottle or two straight, and it supposedly does an amazing job cleaning the injector nozzles, pre/swirl chambers, and combustion chambers. Has anyone here used it on their Peugeot?

I have two cans of it myself - plan was to run it through my 505 TD, but then I had a second pump resealed and modified, so I didn't want to waste the purge... :) I'll be installing the resealed pump with rebuilt injectors, so I'll likely save the purge for later - but like you - I've read it's top notch.

Rick did just give it a go - so he's likely the best person to answer: http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2881-new-and-exciting-issue-with-my-505td/

One thing that struck me about the Diesel Purge - I wonder if Seafoam would do the same thing if you were in a pinch? Lubro / Liqui moly stuff is top notch though - so if you can get it, I'd say you really can't go wrong with it. That said, I think the best course of action is to test injectors for spray pattern and pop pressures once the treatment is done and you have some miles on it. Balanced pop pressures and good spray pattern are the key to making these IDI's perfect.

Rabin