Windshield Wiper Issues

Purchased a 505S TD (five speed) sedan from a man who owned it for 19 years as his winter driver. Car is in nice shape, came with many extra collected items. Wipers quit last week, worked again for a day, now not working.

Cleaned all grounds under dash by steering column. Cleaned plug connection at wiper motor, cleaned connector at wiper controller (above and behind fuse box). Connected a spare wiper motor - still no go. Ground and power to two of terminals at motor plug. Can not find a wiper relay, assume wiper controller replaced normal relay functions. Wiper Controller clicks when wiper stalk is activated. Wiper motor gearbox electrical contacts have been cleaned. All fuses in fuse box are good. What am I missing?
I haven't had a Peugeot since I bought a new one in 1981 (505S TD automatic)

Welcome to the forum Brooke...

I'd guess wiper relay, and it should be under dash near the steering column. Pretty sure I just opened it up, and then used the wiper switch to make it click as I felt all the relays to see which one it was.

One thing you're missing in your diagnostic is actually checking for power. A test light or a volt meter is invaluable when checking a circuit - relays can click, but if the contacts are shot it still won't work. You basically need to check for power before and after each component after verifying the motor itself isn't getting power.

What year is your car? Love to see pics if you get a chance.

Rabin