85 505 turbo for sale

WilsonRylan

Hey guys, I hate to have to do this. But i wanted to give you all the first oppurtunity to buy my 85. Let me clear though head gasket is blown, would make an awesome extra parts car too have. price negotiable. best way to reach me is through my email at [email protected]. Thanks fellows. I really hate it has to come to this.

That's too bad man - you were doing so well working through the problems it's a shame the HG stopped progress.

For your sale: detailed pictures, location, and price will help a big bunch. I'd suggest posting details here, then use the link to send to Peugeot-L yahoo group and FB - or one of us can do that for you.

Rabin

Tell me about it man, I loved that car and I just got in my intercooler piping friday, So i was planning on routing that this weekend. As far as the car goes,I guess I shoudnt have posted that the head gasket is bad, because im not entirely sure thats the case. All i know is I left work about 20 miles to my house. About 5 minutes i get onto the freeway the temp gauge jumps up to red, the STOP warning light comes on the dash and its no longer blowing hot air in the cab popped the hood the top Rad hose is hot but the bottom to the water pump is coldi mean not even warm. I pull into the 7-eleven and the radiator is empty, also once i jump on the freeway thick white smoke from tailpipe; steam from my radiator since the wasnt any antifreeze, i was running just straight water. , which made me think head gasket. Makes sense right? Anyways I limp it home do a quick visual dont see any external cracks, however the intake hose to the turbo and the everything else against that side had a shine on it, like oily water. Im no longer thinking it is the head gasket though, I went up and bought a bottle of blue devil head gasket and block sealer.. I know, I know that stuff is frowned upon, but I cant pull the head now, since im moving from house with a garage and driveway to an apartment in about a week. Anyways back to the additive, thermostat works, water pump is good. I flushe the system with cleaner, I followed directions add sealer and top off with water, went to start but it wouldnt just kept cranking, also sometimes it would be have a hard time cranking like i was getting vaporlock. Thats when I notice that all the water plus the $60 additive is leaking out, but its leaking out of the exhaust pipe in the middle of the exhaust system (where my cat used to be) theres a small exhaust leak I missed when i welded in the pipe to replace the cat, thats where all the water was leaking from. I drained the oil (chocolate milk colored) and i could see rainbow in the water in the radiator too. Last night I pulled all the plugs, took off the heat shield and the #1, 2, 3,and 4 were wet, # I and #2 however had oily watery sludge on the points. Three and four didnt have this but were not as wet, which would explain why i couldnt start it. My thinking today was to pull all hoses drain the whole system of water, clean plugs and get a bottle of dye. since there isnt any water to disrupt spark, start the car add dye and see if that will show me where there is a crack. Or repeat same process start car empty then add sealer. What are your thoughts? Im leaning more towards a crack in the water jacket or cylinder, I mean how else would 2 gallons go straight through my exhaust and all of it only leak through there? And the crack be it the block, head, cylinder or cylinders external or internal be leaking puting so much water into my cylinder that i cant even start it now? Thoughts? questions? concerns? I know I went into alot of detail on this but I wanted to make sure you had a good understanding of whats going on with it. Anything of your expert know how of peugeots would be greatly appreciated, because if i can find the leak or crack soon im fixing it right so i can keep on rockin the good ole 505. Thanks Rabin. by the way you can also reach me at [email protected] or by phone at 1-253-273-0027. Thanks again for always responding to when I need help with something. If you ever get anything ford (especially 79-96 cars, trucks and most especially broncos or anything VW especially marK 1's, Im your man. haha

Sorry man - didn't see this reply until you e-mailed me.

As soon as you have coolant in the oil its HG, but that can be as a result of another problem. Usual scenario. Is the head cracks, pressurizes cooling system, blows out weak point (hoses or end tanks on rad), coolant leaks away, car over heats, HG goes due to overheat.

The order can be different - but you get the idea.

With coolant in the oil you're likely better off finding a good donor car/motor and swapping it in... Fixing this motor correctly means tear down and rebuild.

Funny you mention the other vehicles - I'm likely an expert in 4x4 Ford trucks in that same range as I used to be a bush mechanic for a treeplanting company and the whole fleet was Ford trucks... I've also done a ton of work on MKII Scirocco's, and a1 Jetta's... :D

Rabin

Damn man, I was hoping it wouldnt come to that. you dont think sealeant will limp it along for a awhile longer? I wish i didnt have to move from my house with a garage and driveway to an apartment in a week otherwise id tear it down, I guess Its time to call the salvage yard :(

There is a very slim chance your turbo failed BIG time - but it would have had to have been upgraded to the water cooled turbo. Otherwise your turbo is just oil cooled in the 85...

If coolant is pouring into the exhaust then the HG is bad at the very least and you could potentially save it with just a HG providing the head isn't cracked.

You probably don't have time to check, so salvage yard might be the only option unless you can sell it for the same scrap price locally.

Rabin